• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Mini-T still viable?

jordran

Hi all, first post so sorry if It's been answered to death, couldn't find too much in the search which may have answered my question....

So I (and my brother) used to be heavy into RC (1/10th moreso) and now my nephews have just been gifted an FTX Tracer and it reminded me I still have 2 Losi Mini-T's sitting in the garage! They are completely stock. Is it worth trying to get these going? I'd have to get batteries so  not 100% sure they work. With money tight I'm a bit wary of spending too much and being unable to fix them the 1st time they break.

Mini-Ts are good fun and drive very well when upgraded (I'm selling one with upgraded electronics and suspension, running on a 2s lipo), but parts are EXTREMELY rare! Feel free to get them ripping around on the road, but don't be jumping it hard! :good:

As @PraetoR has said, great little rc but just too fragile and with very little parts support will end up being a box of parts should the worst happen.

there is the newer losi mini’s (not sure if those parts are compatible though even if available)

myself, depending on condition etc. would be to sell them, you can get decent money for them to help someone else with vital parts, spares giving you a decent starting point for something new with parts so you can fully enjoy the hobby again. 

I’m sure nowadays that there is definitely something for the modest of budgets, i would advise though to buy the best you can afford to. Sometimes cheap is so for a reason….

welcome to Msuk :cheers:

• Like 2

Hi everyone and thank you for the responses!

I've had them out properly today pleased to report they're in good condition (mostly!). The original battery containers and 1 Remote have a bit of corrosion in the battery compartment which I'll have a go at cleaning. Think I'l chuck some AAAs in them to see if they're still running.

40 minutes ago, Gaz! said:

As @PraetoR has said, great little rc but just too fragile and with very little parts support will end up being a box of parts should the worst happen.

there is the newer losi mini’s (not sure if those parts are compatible though even if available)

myself, depending on condition etc. would be to sell them, you can get decent money for them to help someone else with vital parts, spares giving you a decent starting point for something new with parts so you can fully enjoy the hobby again. 

I’m sure nowadays that there is definitely something for the modest of budgets, i would advise though to buy the best you can afford to. Sometimes cheap is so for a reason….

welcome to Msuk :cheers:

All the arms and chassis look to be in decent nick so if its a non starter hopefully someone else will find a good use for them. Thanks for the advice.

• Like 1