• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Build project!!!

Guys I'm looking for a 2wd buggy build project, not sure I want to go racing but need something to challenge my skill set.

Budget is not an issue and not looking at the final cost but I want a kit that puts up a challenge for my son and me to put together.

It's not about the racing but the build.... 

However if my son and me are going to do this maybe we should build it race worthy incase we decide to.' well go race' 😉

Not built a full kit since late 80's with Tamiya hotshot 2 and was looking at their kits but I think everything has moved on since then

and looking for info on where to go from here.

All kits have pros and cons i.e. cheap kits need upgrade parts, expensive kits need better additional parts.. 

So to sum it up, wanting relativly cheap kit, build yourself, lots of options, durable, enjoyable, competative and future proof.

What manufacture route do I take ?  

I enjoyed the build of my Kyosho Dirt Master.

It drives very well and looks the part of an old school buggy, based on a race machine in the final rear motor era.

Changed the tyres to work better on dirt and upgraded the shocks and rear hinge in holders, ‘coz they were half the UK price from Plaza Japan, think it looks great too!

IMG_0431.jpeg

• Like 2

Thanks for the input, I think the Tamiya sand viper is going to be my choice and upgrade from the outset.

Does anyone own one ? Where to start looking for hopups I.e. strutt braces, turnbuckles etc.. Also what brushless motor and esc combo would you recomend?