• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Please help, I can not choose between these models.....

Hi all, after some time off the hobby I want to return. I have got a job from home now and in need of something to play with. There is a big park just outside my house. My very first model was Traxxas E-Revo 1/16 with 540 size brushless motor. It was very fun model to drive but it was breaking every 2-3 drives. That is where I have my disappointment with Traxxas. Then I had a monster truck 1/8 Team Magic e5 which was amazing. It was very tough and took all the abuse. Then a buggy 1/8 ansmann virus 3.0 electric conversion which was stupid fast and very durable.  All were electric.

So now, I am confused what should I get.

-Buggy if so its going to be Hoabo hyper 7 

-Truggy again hobao st or any truggy or hpi trophy truggy

-Monster truck and for MT I would probably go with Hpi Savage or Traxxas Summit or Hoabo MT

Please give your insights on all these models, bearing in mind I will buy 2nd hand and convert to electric. priority has Truggy as I never had and always wanted to feel how it drives. And no sure on Summit as its Traxxas and it breaks more than the rest mentioned above.

Whatever I get will be converted to electric, 4s lipo, 150a esc,  with potential for 6s

Thank you.

Edited by megaline

Bigger bash area then 1/8 or larger scale, truggy is more stable than a monster truck. A 1/8 buggy on a flat area gets a bit samey imo, you need obstacles and jumps for interest. Hobao are generally solid with reasonable parts support. However not as popular as say Arrma. 

• Like 1

As stated above Arrma or Corally have some good offerings and some like the Kronos and Muraco are on special at moment as a new model the Kagama is coming out

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/search/?search=corally

if your thinking Hyper 7 and then converting it to electric theres this 1 basically a modernised H7

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/hobao-hyper-vs-1-8-rtr-buggy-150a-esc-blue-439895

heres a search for Hypers theres rollers there if you want add own motor/esc  etc

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/search/?search=hyper

• Like 1

hobao hyper vse is similar to the hyper 7 but comes electric out the box and is a newer design, the hyper st will handle terrain that would have the hyper 7 or vse bouncing about on, i have all three (my hyper 7 and st are converted to leccy) and they are all robust and handle my abuse pretty well  🙂

edit: i cannot pick a favourite out of them, they are all awesome tough models 🙂

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Haha 1