• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Help Tuning

MattW49

Hi all. Is there anyone on here in south Manchester that could help me tune my nitro in (FTX Zorro truck). It’s the first time I’ve had one, got it second hand but I cannot seem to get it to tune up at all. I’m hoping once shown what I’m looking for etc I’ll be able to crack on with it myself. I’ve followed the guides and been going for about / hours a night for the past 3 nights. Idle drops off, have a play think I’ve go it right then idle runs away. 
My teenage boys want to take it for a blast b it just keeps stalling when they come off the power.

any help would be massively appreciated.

• 1 month later...
On 24/05/2023 at 21:04, MattW49 said:

Hi all. Is there anyone on here in south Manchester that could help me tune my nitro in (FTX Zorro truck). It’s the first time I’ve had one, got it second hand but I cannot seem to get it to tune up at all. I’m hoping once shown what I’m looking for etc I’ll be able to crack on with it myself. I’ve followed the guides and been going for about / hours a night for the past 3 nights. Idle drops off, have a play think I’ve go it right then idle runs away. 
My teenage boys want to take it for a blast b it just keeps stalling when they come off the power.

any help would be massively appreciated.

I've done  a few video's on this myself but it sounds like your tick over screw is too low, turn it clockwise a gnats cock and see if that helps when you brake.