• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FMS FCX24 owners thread "Blazer,Powerwagon,smasher and Unimog"

Lone-wolf

Thanks mate, looks like those little clips fit into the holes on the very end of the chassis, neat idea though, makes mounting a different shell really easy, much like its rival too.

Thanks mate :good:

looks like those little clips go into the very end holes of the chassis. Really quite impressed with this idea, makes it really easy to go for a different look without the faffing about with differing mounts, much like its main rival….

been on Modelsport and once you start adding up what all the bits cost has made me think twice again…… i wonder where it would be feasible to buy a new rtr and sell it with the power wagon shell/wheels & tyres???

• Like 1

Yes you could do that, the body is interchangeable, so the k5 will fit on any of the 3 chassis like smasher and power wagon, i toted with getting a smasher body in blue as i like F-150`s but as you say it works out rather expensive 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
5 hours ago, Gaz! said:

I hope you have better luck than me mate… :good:

I dont want to move it on but plain truth im not using it, i did wonder if 1/24/1/18th would be just to small for outdoor crawling, it does work but have to choose location for it and TBH i just prefer 1/10th, at least mine is fully loaded RTR and boxed as new only had 2 runs with it

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Having reprieved the K5 i fitted some more Brass links that i bought a while back but forgot to fit so now it has full brass links and brass steering link set also reversed the screws on the front C hubs as this gives a little more travel on the steering, next thing to look at is the shocks 

fcx24 steering.JPG

• Like 2

Had another tinker with this little beast, sorted the shocks a little better, added a little more shock oil and went a bit heavier oil, bit of an improvement.

I found on Youtube a guide to setting up the TX, i really did not know it was so customisable on settings and pretty easy to do so dialled in steering endpoints and reduced drag brake from 100% to 50%, i found the stock weight online 443g with no lipo in, mine now weighs 625g with little 380mah 2s lipo.

I also reorganised my rc garage store area that was full, and now have room for another 2 small rc`s like this K5, i can see me getting an FTX/Hobbyplus rock van evo

• Like 1

I have a couple more mods planned for the K5 blazer, one of them is to mount the rear top of body with tiny magnets so i can just pop the back of at any time for pickup or back to suv, the other is secret for now ha ha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 02/08/2023 at 20:31, Davy Crockett said:

Don't like how a lot of these 1:24 trucks only have front lights/LEDs so got busy....

Removed rear light lenses, cutt out body for lights

20230731_135238.thumb.jpg.786d10cb87917f5eda2c63d6e7dc5d09.jpg

Made LED holders, popped in LEDs, soldered up and job's a good 'un 🙂😊😊

20230802_195324.thumb.jpg.5365d98d0b010233df4f926a5db14842.jpg

Might be tempted to perform this mod, what spec LED`s did you use and did you join rear light wires into front wires

On 06/01/2024 at 09:55, Lone-wolf said:

Might be tempted to perform this mod, what spec LED`s did you use and did you join rear light wires into front wires

LEDs are red 3mm 12v from ebay - only a few quid for 5

I joined the 2 rear LEDs together and ran to the front  to join front LED supply :good:

• Like 2

Okay finished the major mod i had planned, so as you know i now have the rear suv back on a magnet so i can go suv or pickup at the drop of a hat but this was just first step as i wanted to move the lipo into the rear bed, this means i no longer have to unclip the shell to put lipo in or even just power it up, i got the battery box from the Hobby plus/FTX Unitrak and mounted it on the back, i did put a red JST connector in the power cable incase i ever have to pop the body of but now its a case of drop lipo in the utility box and away. I did put 20g of weight in where the lipo used to sit just to counter having lipo further back, very happy how this turned out, BTW the battery box will take the larger 600mah FTX lipo as well as the stock 380

mods.JPG

mods 1.JPG

mods 2.JPG

battery mod.JPG

• Like 2

On 17/05/2023 at 14:35, voorsk said:

The injora tyres are about 6mm less diameter, but almost half the width! It doesn't change the look as much as I thought it would.

20230517_102911.thumb.jpg.9ebdf03d892ee8edd637afac0357d4c6.jpg

20230517_104331.thumb.jpg.062b335614a895ea33ddd4a2461bdf3e.jpg

Diffs are now locked, and the shocks are oil filled. Feels like a downgrade going to plastic diffs, tho.

I bought some if the metal locked diffs from some eBay site. They work very well and we're very cheap.

• Lone-wolf changed the title to FMS FCX24 owners thread "Blazer,Powerwagon,smasher and Unimog"
1 minute ago, Lone-wolf said:

@stretch feel free to post in here when you get the little Unimog

Will do matey. I was planning on buying one a couple of weeks ago but all out of stock and this weekend looking at similar ones (non FMS) on banggood and was going to buy one today and then this one popped up talk about luck!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, stretch said:

Will do matey. I was planning on buying one a couple of weeks ago but all out of stock and this weekend looking at similar ones (non FMS) on banggood and was going to buy one today and then this one popped up talk about luck!

You sure dropped lucky on it, if you had not got it i would of had it, i came close to getting the FCX24 mog rather than the cross NT

• Haha 1