• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Poor / reduced range

Frogeyeddog_95

Took the Pro4 out today for a quick bash. However the range was rubbish, probably a third of what it was when I used it previously. (Only last weekend, give or take)

Could it simply be the batteries in the tx? (4x Duracell, maybe 3 hours of use tops, and only 2 weeks old) 

Any tips on where / what to look at would be helpful. 

Thanks 

could be TX batteries frogey cheapest fix also check the rx wire hasnt been damaged etc  then last possible electric interference if you changed any electrics like servo rx motor esc lately? or dropped the TX accidently could be loose antenna wire inside

Edited by Bajadre

10 minutes ago, Bajadre said:

could be TX batteries frogey cheapest fix also check the rx wire hasnt been damaged etc  then last possible electric interference if you changed any electrics like servo rx motor esc lately? or dropped the TX accidently could be loose antenna wire inside

Hi Bajadre 

I’ll replace the batteries and see if that helps. I won’t be using it for a while, so the outcome will have to wait! 

in the meantime it’s due a good clean, so I’ll see if anything obvious shows up. 

• Like 1

It's a known problem some people have with the mt10 and it's fixed by changing out the stock radio but if it's still under warranty I'd be sending the transmitter and receiver back or just change it out

• Like 1

I don't know but I'd just swap it all out and start a fresh flysky stuff is cheap as chips (abisma stuff is also not bad as it's rebadged flysky stuff)

• Like 1

normal car uses 2 channels  ie throttle and steering

if you get 3 or more channels it allows you to run other things on the car like winches , lights  etc from the tx

im using 5 channels on my crawlers 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1