• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Advice please about an SCT

Hi all, I fancy getting an sct to use on the local buggy track and for a bit of light bashing. After much searching i quite fancy  a Maverick Strada 1/10 , as this fits the budget.

Brushed motor will be ok as will be running on nimh as well set up with batteries

What are peoples thoughts on this model, and are there any similar trucks i have missed

Cheers, Ian

I have a lovely Traxxas slash vxl, its only 2wd though, but rest assured it wont break if you look at it funny…plus it will come rtr (just needing a suitable charge) and will run lipo or nimh packs.

i once (few years back now) t-boned my slash (not the one for sale) into the newly released Helion sct and i snapped it clean in half, the body shell, what was left of it was holding the two halves of the car together.

it wont be the quickest round a track but it will put a big grin on your face.

if you want something that will handle then its got to be a Team associated or along those lines.

hope this helps a little, Gaz. :good:

• Thanks 1

Thanks for that @Lone-wolf, did not consider a 2wd but after looking more at specs, reviews, youtube etc the hpi is looking good 👍

@Gaz!, thanks for the offer but the budget wont stretch to the traxxas 😢

• Like 1

19 hours ago, wombat said:

Thanks for that @Lone-wolf, did not consider a 2wd but after looking more at specs, reviews, youtube etc the hpi is looking good 👍

@Gaz!, thanks for the offer but the budget wont stretch to the traxxas 😢

Try me, it could be a bit cheaper….

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the reply @Gaz!, but the HPI is at the top of my budget, and i like the look of it,,

Good luck with the sale of the slash 👍

• 2 weeks later...

HOBAO 8SC

BOUGHT ONE FROM  A.J FORUM STAFF A WHILE AGO 

GREAT LOOKER AND HANDLES FANTASTIC AROUND MY LOCAL TRACK 

JUST PUT IT UP FOR SALE WITH BATTERIES RX AND TX ON EBAY MORE INTO THE BASHING NOW 

BUT WHAT I WOULD SAY IS THAT THE 1/8 SCALE SCT AND  BUGGIES  HANDLE FAR BETTER AROUND A TRACK IN MY OPINION 

HOPE THIS HELPS

• Thanks 1