• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

n00b from Wakefield

Hi All,

So after buying my son a small £15 RC for Christmas last year I'd been looking into something more substantial over the last 12 months for myself and also for my son to have a mess with and help me fix when I eventually break things. That brings me to Christmas this year where we got a FTX Vantage.

Complete n00b with it all, but enjoying having a bash around on my street for now - or at least I was until I broke something - haha!!

Anyway in the course of looking online for help to fix and buy parts found the forum and decided to join.

One (admittedly really basic/noob) questons I have is where do you all go to run your RCs?  I've no interest in racing, at least not any form of organised racing, just want to have a bash around, just not sure where to go. Seen lots of videos on youtube of people in empty car parks but imagine that would involve being up very early or going down late when they're closed?

Cheers

1 hour ago, ChewieMcBacca said:

Cheers!

Yeah think it might be sunday afternoons in the Tesco carpark when I get the buggy fixed up again. Also been thinking of a day out to the beech and running the buggy on there.

yeah beach runs always fun brother apart from cleaning after haha check round for local bmx pump tracks always fun for the RCs 😎

@ChewieMcBacca welcome aboard. 
As for places to run car park's are good providing you have space to run without risk of hitting parked cars or curbs but can get boring. You could bring cones to lay out a little course and if you want to try some jumps you can buy plastic ramps. 
Like this: https://www.skatehut.co.uk/rampage-mini-launch-ramp.htm?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlMj7xY2k_AIVib7tCh1xzgDuEAQYBCABEgJB8vD_BwE

Large open parks and fields are also good as well as woodland walks etc. Have a look if any mountain bike runs are local to you as often they can be good for RC. :good:

• 2 weeks later...