• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Controller replacement

John Ramsay

My grandson has a small Maverick (ION DT) car. Although the car is pretty robust, the build quality of the controller is less impressive and it has now failed and need replacing. Given the quality issue, I cant see the point of buying an identical controller. I know virtually nothing about RC cars, so please bear with me if my questions appear daft!

Money is in short supply this Christmas, so:

1)      Is it possible and/or sensible to try to find a second had controller ? If so where would I begin looking? 

2)      How will I know if it is compatible with the car?

3)      If second hand is impossible, can anyone recommend a reasonable quality, but not too expensive brand I could search out,and a possible supplier (preferably near stoke-on-trent)?

Many thanks for any responses

20221202_201925.jpg

On 02/12/2022 at 20:47, John Ramsay said:

Hi. I don't know if you are looking for another Maverick ion DT but I have a new one listed here:-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234808316818?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=u5pAYrXGRQO&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=u5pAYrXGRQO&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY