• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What's this thing?

Mr Fro

Another model from Dave's collection:

20221105_163957.thumb.jpg.f4fcab1d6bd047177827caf292fbdadc.jpg

20221105_164002.thumb.jpg.624d6722a4d9ebec4b62aa67e72e19ad.jpg

Looks a bit homebrew to me judging by the pigeon **** welding.

Suspension is very soft, diffs are locked.

Is it a rare and priceless artefact from rc history or is it something I can do stoopid things with?

Answers on a postcard...

• Like 3

Looks like a homemade crawler/rock basher chassis with some Axial axles and possibly some Proline Powerstroke shocks. Doesn't look like its got a centre gearbox or any driveshafts.

Nothing that's worth a hell of a lot. See if he's got the bits to get it running and you can have some fun with it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ReggieC said:

Looks like a homemade crawler/rock basher chassis with some Axial axles and possibly some Proline Powerstroke shocks. Doesn't look like its got a centre gearbox or any driveshafts.

Nothing that's worth a hell of a lot. See if he's got the bits to get it running and you can have some fun with it.

I'd have a job as he's been dead for 3 years! That's why I've ended up with all this rc stuff.

If it's nothing special then I'll put in in the "don't sell and play with" pile.

• Like 1

Just now, ReggieC said:

Ah didn't see that post before!

No worries mate.

My knowledge of rc stuff is very limited and I've had all his gear dumped on me to "sort out" aka get working and move on.

If there's a few bits of minimal value then I can justify keeping them to play with.

• Like 2