• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Question for anyone with Element Enduro IFS

Fat Freddy

Are the front wheels parallel or do they toe in or out?
Mine broke. Then, when I picked it up to see what had happened, one of the drive cups fell out and disappeared between some rocks in a quarry. I had to order a replacement, (which took weeks to arrive☹️).

After I finally put it all back together I noticed the front wheels toe out quite a lot. Maybe they did it before the breakage? Maybe it’s meant to be like that? 
It looks wrong to me, but I checked the lengths of the steering linkages and they are correct.

10 hours ago, supersavage said:

I think they should have a little toe out or none. My brothers knightrunner had a bit of toe in out of the box which still needs to be sorted though it doesn't affect the way it drives too much.

Thanks. I have mine with slight toe in now, but suspect parallel is the correct setting 🤔

• Like 1

Yeah I'd probably go 0° toe unless you're planning on getting a bit of speed out of it then I'd go for a little bit of toe out. I'll change my brother's Knightrunner to 0° when I can be bothered but honestly for what it's used for it probably doesn't matter too much, I just want to change it because it looks a bit odd.

Edited by supersavage
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, supersavage said:
3 hours ago, supersavage said:

Yeah I'd probably go 0° toe unless you're planning on getting a bit of speed out of it then I'd go for a little bit of toe out. I'll change my brother's Knightrunner to 0° when I can be bothered but honestly for what it's used for it probably doesn't matter too much, I just want to change it because it looks a bit odd.

Took it out for a little run yesterday. Seemed fine and looked “right”, but I think you are right. I will have a fiddle about and change it to 0° sometime soon.
Unless someone else who knows about these things tells me otherwise.
I have to take it apart anyway as the servo link detached itself…again. (Thankfully just as I was about to go home anyway).

• Like 3