• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Upgrade suspension arms HELP

Imnewhere

Hi all,

im looking up upgrade my suspension arms on my rc car it’s a 1/8th truggy.

am I right in thinking any brand Aslong as I get the full kit would fit on my base plate ? As the car I currently own doesn’t trade anymore so spares are a myth to find. 

just don’t want it breaking and not being able to find a suitable alternative. 

No...life would be so easy if that was true, but it isn't.

If the parts are no longer made, and there are none floating around on E-Bay, and no suitable made to fit aftermarket parts, then you need to get creative.

You need parts designed to fit or close enough that they can be modified.  Suspension arms need to fit at the hub end and on the inner side. Plus they need the shock mounts in the right place too. You may hit lucky buying random bits....but the odds are not in your favour. Your best bet is to take all the arms off...take a good clear photo of each, then measure every critical dimension...add them on the picture in photshop...then puit them up in here to see if people have any parts knocking around that would work.

Then buy them, or ones like them.

2 hours ago, Nitroholic said:

No...life would be so easy if that was true, but it isn't.

If the parts are no longer made, and there are none floating around on E-Bay, and no suitable made to fit aftermarket parts, then you need to get creative.

You need parts designed to fit or close enough that they can be modified.  Suspension arms need to fit at the hub end and on the inner side. Plus they need the shock mounts in the right place too. You may hit lucky buying random bits....but the odds are not in your favour. Your best bet is to take all the arms off...take a good clear photo of each, then measure every critical dimension...add them on the picture in photshop...then puit them up in here to see if people have any parts knocking around that would work.

Then buy them, or ones like them.

That’s a brilliant idea!! 

thank you, i will get some measurements tomorrow, it’s purely incase something snaps, being an ansmann terrier and it’s a brilliant truggy 

Edited by Imnewhere