• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

LC Racing, PTG-2 R Rally Car Build

Cuiken

15 hours ago, straight_six said:

Am using 55wt for shocks, replaced the stock springs to 1.1mm, front diff 20,000 cst, rear diff 15,000 cst. 

When you get one, make sure you upgrade the rod end first, I would say its a must 😃

I appreciate the advice.. may I ask what the rod ends are, any chance of a photo? 

im new to rc so coming to grips with different bits and pieces 😂

On 12/03/2023 at 17:37, Douge one said:

Thanks man 👍 we got online shop with those shells ( apparently they design all those shells, but they come with team c label and advert pics look same)  unfortunately in UK they cost 40$.

https://landlmodels.co.uk/products/celica-gt-four-190mm

Wow, rather expensive.. 

Perhaps also a friendly reminder to everyone here to always mount the body above the foam bumper 😂😂

IMG20230312174110.jpg

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Frogeyeddog_95 said:

I appreciate the advice.. may I ask what the rod ends are, any chance of a photo? 

im new to rc so coming to grips with different bits and pieces 😂

Its the round thing that holds the top end of the steering knuckle. I have seen people lost them (mine too 😂) so better to buy the locked rod ends (most important ones are the knuckle tops and tie rods)

• 4 months later...
On 01/08/2023 at 04:14, MrCake said:

Any PTG-2 owners have any recommendations for wheels with tyres?  Stock ones dont seem to last for that long and start to split from my experience.  Had a tyre blow as well  at the weekend  on a fairly mild brushless system.

Am using rally block tires for dirt and clay, pirelli replica tires for tarmac and sand, and other different tires for different surfaces. 

I personally think the stock ones are very solid & last the longest. They are also excellent for carpet and concrete surfaces. Did you run it on asphalt? 

• 3 months later...

Hi folks. Can anyone with a ptg check if an M chassis size qheel fits on the front and rear. Im planning thr next project. Im guessing it wont fit but want to check. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2023 at 14:05, Jay_85 said:

Hi folks. Can anyone with a ptg check if an M chassis size qheel fits on the front and rear. Im planning thr next project. Im guessing it wont fit but want to check. Thanks

They'll fit however will be very small. You really want 1/10 touring size wheels.