• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Upgrades help

Ghost808

Hi all,

New here and needing some help.

I recently bought a cheapo brushless 1/18 car to introduce my daughter to RC. The HS 18421 (essentially a knock off of the letrax teton chassis).

It's great fun, but it's shocks and tyres are awful. I knew this going in, but I read it was an easy car to upgrade/buy spares for.

Sadly I'm not finding parts that easy to source.

I especially want to get some damper shocks. 

They need to be 60mm hole to hole and I'd love plenty of travel.

In fact if there is some hs18421/teton experts who can recommend a full list of upgrades, that would be awesome!

I've been out of the hobby for years. I used to race a tamiya S10, way back when physical hobby shops were still a thing! So I've no idea where to source parts these days.

Thanks for any help you folks can offer.

P.s. I'm UK based, so reasonable delivery to UK or UK based would be a bonus, thanks.

On 04/04/2022 at 06:20, Ghost808 said:

Hi all,

New here and needing some help.

I recently bought a cheapo brushless 1/18 car to introduce my daughter to RC. The HS 18421 (essentially a knock off of the letrax teton chassis).

It's great fun, but it's shocks and tyres are awful. I knew this going in, but I read it was an easy car to upgrade/buy spares for.

Sadly I'm not finding parts that easy to source.

I especially want to get some damper shocks. 

They need to be 60mm hole to hole and I'd love plenty of travel.

In fact if there is some hs18421/teton experts who can recommend a full list of upgrades, that would be awesome!

I've been out of the hobby for years. I used to race a tamiya S10, way back when physical hobby shops were still a thing! So I've no idea where to source parts these days.

Thanks for any help you folks can offer.

P.s. I'm UK based, so reasonable delivery to UK or UK based would be a bonus, thanks.

Shock look at yeah racing see what 60mm shocks they have as for tyres can't help unless we know what size hex you have 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Gampla. I'll take a look. Not going to bother with new tyres on this now, as i don't think it's worth pouring too much money into it. I might be getting a better hobby grade car soon anyway, or repairing/upgrading my old Chevy S10.