• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hi from the peak district

LostBoi

Hi im very new to this. Infact so new i haven even got a car yet. I've  bought 1 but its not yet arrived. I did buy a really cheap 1 just to make sure the dog would be ok with it and she loves it so i have bought a tamco raider brushless truggy 1:10th. Brand new -secondhand ( bought by someone but not used)  iv paid 85 quid inc postage. Truth is i know nowt!!!!!!  About rc cars so i guess my question is was this a good buy? Is this a decent first ( and probably only) rc car. Being in the country and having land all be it very rough surface , i wanted 4x4 and a decent size. I may in the future want to do an upgrade or 2 but nothing drastic as i wont be compeeting it just for my own and my dogs entertainment. I dont even know what half the things or capabilities are.  What is 2s or 3s? Is there anything i should know before useing it? Could i fit bigger tyres or wheels? Should i expect to need to change somthing on it? I realise this is a lower end hobby grade and so much will be generic between makes and models in this class. I just want somthing robust,  fairly quick (quicker than the dog atleast) & reliable.  Are there spairs i need to carry. 

Welcome aboard. :good:

I've not heard of that model so can't comment much on it sorry. All I'd say is try starting a thread in the "General - Electric" sub section with the cars name in the title and "help with questions please". 
Here: https://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/forums/forum/51-general-electric/

Lipo batteries contain "Lithium Polymer" cells hence the abbreviated name Lipo and the numbers refer to the amount of cells in the battery (in series). 
They're very safe when handled, charged and stored correctly but you will need to treat them with some caution as they can be a fire hazard. 
I've copied and pasted this for you from "RC Talk":

1. Always use some sort of fire proof container while charging your batteries. Lipos can catch fire, and this most often happens either while charging or while running.
  2. Use a fireproof lipo container when storing a LiPo. Because yes, they can catch fire just sitting there. This is a rarer case, but it does happen sometimes.
  3. Don’t over charge your LiPo. Make sure your charger is in a Lipo mode that will stop when the cells reach 4.2v per cell.
  4. Don’t charge at a higher C-rate than your battery is rated. (we already covered this one).
  5. Don’t discharge a LiPo below 3.0v per cell – this can physically internally damage a lipo cell.
  6. If you have a LiPo that swells up like a balloon – THIS IS A DANGER SIGN!  Take this battery out of service, and store it safely outside, and plan on discharging it and disposing of it as soon as practical. DO NOT try to puncture the plastic cell wrapper, that WILL cause a fire. Yes, there are lots of Youtube videos of people doing this, but it is a “don’t try this at home” kind of thing.

6 Steps to proper LiPo battery care – 1. Always use some sort of fireproof container while charging. 2. Use a fireproof container to store your LiPo battery. 3. Don’t over charge your LiPo.

From: https://www.rctalk.com/how-to-choose-an-rc-lipo-charger/

There is plenty of information on this forum so do use the search button and have a good read at your leisure. Hopefully you'll find all the answers but if not you can always ask.  

• Like 1

Cheers. What a fool, i had eventually figured it out. And i should have known as i make a lot of airsoft customs ( if intrested in seeing the ones i made myself hit me up with a message and I'll send picks ) unfortunatly im not really able enough to play any more but really enjoy building some crazy s#!¿  Gas and electric & hpa. But we usually say 7.2  or 11's for lipos not the number of cells. Odd how two diffrent sports using same kit (well nearly) use compleatly diffrent terms. 

On 21/02/2022 at 19:03, GMballistic said:

Welcome aboard. :good:

I've not heard of that model so can't comment much on it sorry. All I'd say is try starting a thread in the "General - Electric" sub section with the cars name in the title and "help with questions please". 
Here: https://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/forums/forum/51-general-electric/

Lipo batteries contain "Lithium Polymer" cells hence the abbreviated name Lipo and the numbers refer to the amount of cells in the battery (in series). 
They're very safe when handled, charged and stored correctly but you will need to treat them with some caution as they can be a fire hazard. 
I've copied and pasted this for you from "RC Talk":

1. Always use some sort of fire proof container while charging your batteries. Lipos can catch fire, and this most often happens either while charging or while running.
  2. Use a fireproof lipo container when storing a LiPo. Because yes, they can catch fire just sitting there. This is a rarer case, but it does happen sometimes.
  3. Don’t over charge your LiPo. Make sure your charger is in a Lipo mode that will stop when the cells reach 4.2v per cell.
  4. Don’t charge at a higher C-rate than your battery is rated. (we already covered this one).
  5. Don’t discharge a LiPo below 3.0v per cell – this can physically internally damage a lipo cell.
  6. If you have a LiPo that swells up like a balloon – THIS IS A DANGER SIGN!  Take this battery out of service, and store it safely outside, and plan on discharging it and disposing of it as soon as practical. DO NOT try to puncture the plastic cell wrapper, that WILL cause a fire. Yes, there are lots of Youtube videos of people doing this, but it is a “don’t try this at home” kind of thing.

6 Steps to proper LiPo battery care – 1. Always use some sort of fireproof container while charging. 2. Use a fireproof container to store your LiPo battery. 3. Don’t over charge your LiPo.

From: https://www.rctalk.com/how-to-choose-an-rc-lipo-charger/

There is plenty of information on this forum so do use the search button and have a good read at your leisure. Hopefully you'll find all the answers but if not you can always ask.  

• Like 1