• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Need recommendations please

Ringokid

Hi I am currently upgrading my old truck that’s been sitting in the loft the past 15 years, fun project for me. However I am looking to sell my helis which I never learned to fly and go back to trucks. I am looking for a monster truck that can handle grass as I live in the countryside that’s about all I have around here. I am looking for a bit of speed but not massive as my kids will be having a go for the first time. Any recommendations? And thanks for letting me into your group

A lot of it is personal choice of course but I would say that I'd be definitely looking at a truggy or monster truck brushless RTR set up.
For using it with kids some RC's allow you to turn down the power via the remote or ESC and there is also the option of using a lesser cell count battery for when the kids are using it as well as a higher cell count for when you take over. 

Guessing you're going to need lipo batteries as well charging equipment for your budget as well?.

Arrma Vorteks 3S is at the top end of your budget but recommending it because I have experience of Arrma's and imho they're a good brand with lots of spares available. 
Link:  https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/arrma-vorteks-3s-blx-rtr-purple-1336457

For grass Id want at least 8th Scale as lets be honest, its not always going to be short grass, and smaller stuff really struggles with heat etc from running in long grass. 

id look at the Corally 8th Scale Truggy type truck, or go for a used Kraton 6S

1 hour ago, Kpowell911 said:

For grass Id want at least 8th Scale as lets be honest, its not always going to be short grass, and smaller stuff really struggles with heat etc from running in long grass. 

id look at the Corally 8th Scale Truggy type truck, or go for a used Kraton 6S

This is spot on. My Granite 3S gets bogged down in anything other than really short grass. It really slows it down and the motor gets toasty.