• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New boy on the block

Sol Broadbent

23 minutes ago, Sol Broadbent said:

Well/ Only gone and done it. Got myself, well the wife has bought me for Christmas, a Brushless outlaw!....!!!!

Welcome to the Outlaw club, i hope you have loads of paitence and like wrenching! They are fun, but take a while to settle in. Check out the outlaw thread, first upgrades are RW / Steel spur and steel pinion.

Have a blast!

Edited by Redback

45 minutes ago, Sol Broadbent said:

Well/ Only gone and done it. Got myself, well the wife has bought me for Christmas, a Brushless outlaw!....!!!!

Awesome, congrats you will have a ton of fun with it 😀

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Sol Broadbent said:

I would have put money on it being a DR8 - that's why I don't gamble, lol.

Enjoy your Xmas present :good:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hope you have managed to get a few decent runs with it since getting it, Although if the weather where you are has been anything like where i am its probably been too wet 🌧️

• Like 1

On 30/12/2021 at 19:42, Buggy Malone said:

How did the first few runs go Sol; is it still in one piece? :good:

Well. Xmas day saw me plow into my own Ford Kuga tyre and damage the shell, break a bit of the roof roll cage and also damage a bumper post. After that, apart from a few roll overs, the 2s batteries I feared maybe too slow, are amazingly fast. Having gotten used to it a bit, I have repaired the bits that needed repairing and actually ordered new bits to get it back to as new.

On 01/01/2022 at 16:42, Rjs1882 said:

Hope you have managed to get a few decent runs with it since getting it, Although if the weather where you are has been anything like where i am its probably been too wet 🌧️

The weather hasn't been great, but had it out now and again.

I have now also invested in a second hand ftx mauler. Just for when the weather is against me and there isn't necessarily the room to have the outlaw out.

cheers for asking. massive thumbs up.

• Like 2

On 05/01/2022 at 22:07, Sol Broadbent said:

Well. Xmas day saw me plow into my own Ford Kuga tyre and damage the shell, break a bit of the roof roll cage and also damage a bumper post. After that, apart from a few roll overs, the 2s batteries I feared maybe too slow, are amazingly fast. Having gotten used to it a bit, I have repaired the bits that needed repairing and actually ordered new bits to get it back to as new.

That sounds promising Sol, you're clearly doing something better than me.

I've got a whole list of replacement bits to order for my Outlaw so all being well I'll be back up and running again.

The 2S produces a nice usable speed but I reckon a 3S upgrade would destroy the buggy. 

All the best,

Andrew