• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What ESC and motor combo for 1/8 buggy

Mamba86

11 hours ago, Mamba86 said:

Will this pinion be suitable in regards pitch and dimensions?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/6221664571208619/?ref=mini_shop_serp&_rdr

Yes, that's what I've got in my car. Use plenty of thread lock on the grub screw. 

• Like 1

I will be setting up electrics shortly. The HW Max8 ESC and motor combo comes with a program card. I understand the principle of how it works, my issue relates to how you connect it. 

Instructions with card say that if the ESC has a BEC (which it does) I simply disconnect ESC wire from receiver and plug the wire into the card. However, all videos I see of people using a card plug the card via its own wire to the fan port. 

Please can someone enlighten me. Sorry for all the inane queries. 

Took it out for a first trial run in the road whilst it was dry. It absolutely flew. I did not have time to fine tune or mess with esc proper as it was a small window in a hectic day. I am pleased I know it all pretty much works. Will dial it in over next few weeks. 

Running the 15T Tekno pinion. Very impressed with the FlySky GT5. For the money you seem to get a fair bit of tech.

Happy Christmas folks.

Nick

• Like 2