• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Truggy and engine help

DirtJumper

Hi all, 

I have been off the rc sceen for years n years, and i am haveing problems with monting my ninja jx21 bo2 on my losi 2.0 truggy and also the cluch bell need replaceing i think and new engine bearing and a clitch bell that fits on turggys spur gear any help would be much aprecated and where the best place is to get the bearing puller and bearings , bit of a project getting it back working again hence while its been sitting for so long. thanks for taking the time to read my post.

bo2.jpg

losi20.jpg

3 hours ago, DirtJumper said:

Hi all, 

I have been off the rc sceen for years n years, and i am haveing problems with monting my ninja jx21 bo2 on my losi 2.0 truggy and also the cluch bell need replaceing i think and new engine bearing and a clitch bell that fits on turggys spur gear any help would be much aprecated and where the best place is to get the bearing puller and bearings , bit of a project getting it back working again hence while its been sitting for so long. thanks for taking the time to read my post.

bo2.jpg

losi20.jpg

for the mounting issue and part numbers, i would find a manual for it. 

bearings, i would try https://www.rcbearings.co.uk/

also, since the engine has not been used in years, i would strip it and clean it the best you can. i used nitro fuel to rinse it all out.

lots of places to get bearing removal tools...but they are quite expensive for what they are.

I have had to do thios a couple of times, and for both...I heated the engine block up in the oven to get it nice and warm, to the point where it is too hot to hold, and then banged it on a block to get the front bearing to drop out. You have to remove the piston and liner and get the crankshatf out first. A sharp tap...and out it fell. The second time...it didn;t want to tap out, so I used a bolt with an expanding sleeve...designed to anchor in concrete

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/194258776851?_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item2d3ab9b313:g:W8gAAOSw2V5hAAPM&amdata=enc%3AAQAGAAACoPYe5NmHp%2B2JMhMi7yxGiTJkPrKr5t53CooMSQt2orsSd3M8ngECaRA0SmyU4KT%2FnoFw00QLQ3k%2FXjZFkajSWgGFpxarA0HGQX9o1tyrk%2Ff%2BIVxSKfmZr2jWxyiOL76S%2BzP1pslYhysTeef4w9iz%2BLFB0UhC1j3Q6Tw5jlpRe53JZHTCrm%2FNbG0avaSLiJ5b7ckeew96N5MiBa1wcnDIfD3hTJPPhzGvGVxrGSqPw7Upd0etIh6x926vxBnN7ffCHycEABpfrIQaWR28FpJyigSlbjSjqy%2B9shczPlcZ9b7UxZjXyfHnFXfB8tnzFvxHoOaI6VzzYLhpxW%2FhLR40Wq2bbBAitdz%2FXiBotPEm1zHS65flIxRqIQY0xnS7XdJZmFKMv%2B4CKdClpxhj6BnvmQN3KhVeQl5EZR9GnWpJG9Qb2o6Ujqg2NHOtWqepedxKp2kQPy0Nw9WvE4Bx%2FeLve7wLoridIaQrK1gvPV9M1dyZexj0fHT42q8DTlYP46e26VKiDfVARFPfraIvjsmQkxsgVImPHgN07Y9BBtv3iA9uT8HEshskRa0YT7yH1no65p7L5P79sZ1c%2FLSMFqu7AHWpnx4BiSIrr%2F%2Foqa2LFR2qifr%2BSXzCO3HudGrqCrGu327%2FVXEyMfaO5ZlU%2BBWRWCd7%2BINHL6uUM%2FOwWoXtzQlZd5UPShAWwDRFlk2j4t3qFd6SbWChkQzOxkFcTGcAqzcrd9qOcFcQEyFRPpsRhqhrFrGoR2Q0gAa0RWvkF%2F%2FKitfOikf21twhvdcoRy98UfuYJ3oV1Htq3rwE3ZjHIEoXe8nlaJxVEJLC%2BToBHgOmXjg%2B7iuo6A7hhOHI%2FP42ORuDAL0s8DeC0VFbDYher2ibxhFyOYLzhmcqljcC81eUTQ%3D%3D|clp%3A2334524|tkp%3ABFBM_oHKpKNf

as I happened to have one the right size to fit into the bearing inner race.

A proper set of bearing tools would cost you about £30, which is a lot for something you might not use again for another 10 years or more

Cheers i think i will just have to buy the bearing removeal kit, the next thing is clutch bell and clutch 14t one i think i need whats the best one to get and where as i dont want this cheap rubbish that breaks off amazon n ebay i have feroni cluch atm but want whole fresh cluch setup. coz the engine was fantastic when it was last running.

and thank you for your speedy replys.

I've had good results with Answer RC clutch bells.  Seemed to weasr pretty well.

For clutch shoes, I swapped to ally ones, as they gave good feel and wear...but I was running those on fairly heavy monster trucks....rather than a truggy, so thats not really going to apply to your needs.

Why do you need to replace the bearings? They can be done and as said heat crankcase up in oven at 200 deg C or electric/gas heat gun if careful and they should either fall or tap out. Last time I put the new bearing in the freezer in order fit it as it will slightly shrink.  Just measure bearings and find suitable replacement.Never used a Fioroni sliding clutch but heard they are good and long lasting, they should be as not cheap. Fastrax or Hobao clutch bells are fine.

Sometimes bearings can wear out...more usually...it's corrosion getting them after storage in less than ideal conditions. After the oil dries out and the nitro residue evaporates.

Personally..I don;t like the top video 'blow torch' approach to heating anything. He talks about distorting the cases....then uses a very localised hot spot method of heating. Ovens and hot air guns are better....as they warm up the whole thing. I have always used an oven...as you have a thermostat to control the heat...and its heating the whole thing evenly.