• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Gmade Owners' Thread

PraetoR

On 05/07/2022 at 21:19, BashingBrian said:

Looks fun..!!!

Still not built mine yet, had it since Oct '21 🤪

I eventually started to build mine yesterday after about similar time😂. I still haven't decided between 2s or 3s battery yet though. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I guys, I'm new to this forum, this thread made want to join in. I'm about 2 years into the hobby and I absolutely love it, but so far only into bashers. I want to get into crawling but it's been hard to get my head around it all. Been watching videos and reading lots of forums and I think I'm more or less ready to start that journey. I'm thinking my first crawler will be a kit, because I really enjoy wrenching, and I'm pretty decided on the GS02F Buffalo, but I can't make up my mind if I should get the Pickup or the SUV!

So here I am, wanting to get some questions answered and learning from you guys.

1. Pickup or SUV? Are they exactly the same and just the shell is different?

2. For electronics I might go with a Hobbywing Fusion, for practicality and everyone has good things to say about it

3. 2S or 3S?

Also, this is not really a crawler, it's a trail truck, right? Want to make sure I get my terminology right! 🤣

• Like 1

Hey Dani, welcome along..

I have the pickup version, afraid can't tell you much about it as it's still unbuilt and sat in it's box..!!

I'm certainly no crawler/trail truck expert, but I too love building kits.

Can't wait to start mine, I went sort of budget on electronics and went with HW1080 and HolmesHobbies brushed motor (can't remember the exact one)

Also got all the light kits to go with it 😎

I'm sure someone with more expertise will chime in with some more tips and advice..

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/09/2022 at 07:41, BashingBrian said:

Hey Dani, welcome along..

I have the pickup version, afraid can't tell you much about it as it's still unbuilt and sat in it's box..!!

I'm certainly no crawler/trail truck expert, but I too love building kits.

Can't wait to start mine, I went sort of budget on electronics and went with HW1080 and HolmesHobbies brushed motor (can't remember the exact one)

Also got all the light kits to go with it 😎

I'm sure someone with more expertise will chime in with some more tips and advice..

Thanks @BashingBrian! I think for the motor I'll definitely go with the Hobbywing Fusion Pro, from all the videos and reviews I've seen it looks really good. For servos I'm probably going cheap from Aliexpress, probably a DSServo 35Kg waterproof, but I'm not sure about the transmission, I'd imagine it doesn't need to be strong for that, 15Kg should be more than enough. Also, just to confirm, this thing takes standard sized servos for both the steering and transmission right?

I think I'm going for the pickup and I'll probably paint it yellow, I like how the yellow they have on their website looks!

image.thumb.png.d1d04bd4eb881d84d3d1a602b718ecb6.png

• Like 2

Hi everyone. I haven't been here for a while but I have a question to ask for those who have already built their Buffalos. I'm slowly building mine when I can and I'm nearly there. However I noticed something odd when assembling first shock tonight. Everything seems great apart from top plastic bushings which are fitting very loose into the top shock cap. They just falling out of the eye. I checked part numbers three times and they are definitely right. Has anyone experienced this issue?