• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Does anyone know whether shock springs from any other model will fit a Hobao D 1?

Dag

13 hours ago, m33bhardwaj said:

Let me know if you found something about this. Need better shocks for sure 

I think the shocks are basically ok, apart from the pistons that dont allow enough oil flow.

I've had a set of pistons machined, that I'm going to experiment on, using different oilway holes, so I'll update when I get round to that.

But the springs are really too stiff and too long. Even at full extension, there's not  enough sag. Having such a heavy / long spring in the first place, means the adjusters are negated.

I will source some lighter / shorter springs that the adjusters can be used with and again, I'll update.

Been busy messing with my new shell for the last few days, so the shocks have really been on the backburner

13 hours ago, m33bhardwaj said:

Let me know if you found something about this. Need better shocks for sure 

I may just have found something. I'll have to whip one of my springs off for a measure up before I can confirm

11 hours ago, Dag said:

I think the shocks are basically ok, apart from the pistons that dont allow enough oil flow.

I've had a set of pistons machined, that I'm going to experiment on, using different oilway holes, so I'll update when I get round to that.

But the springs are really too stiff and too long. Even at full extension, there's not  enough sag. Having such a heavy / long spring in the first place, means the adjusters are negated.

I will source some lighter / shorter springs that the adjusters can be used with and again, I'll update.

Been busy messing with my new shell for the last few days, so the shocks have really been on the backburner

Thanks for adding so much for the DC1 community 

• Like 1