• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

WHAT BUGGY TRUGGY

Vorza’s are solid once youve upgraded the rear hubs. I regret selling mine, but theyre very heavy for a 1:8th buggy. Im not sure Id pay the money they are for such an old model

Any reason youre not looking at Arrma’s?

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 1

Well that would make it completely different and keep some spares compatibility (unless you are selling the other slash anyway and have no others ofc).

I get you though, sometimes change is good 👍🏻

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Vorza’s are solid once youve upgraded the rear hubs. I regret selling mine, but theyre very heavy for a 1:8th buggy. Im not sure Id pay the money they are for such an old model

Any reason youre not looking at Arrma’s?

i agree, i cant justify buying another at a higher price when alot newer models are out. i do like the arrma but again, me being indecisive. not sure which one to get.

13 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

What do you want to do with the new RC? What lipos are you going to run? Does it need to be RTR or a roller?

grass road  as for  lipo 3s 4s   as i don't have many bigger packs at moment    RTR or roller 

1 hour ago, Kpowell911 said:

If you only have those size lipos, what about a 10th scale 3S Arrma?

im fine with getting some new packs  i did think 3s arrma but did also think get the 6s but only run 4s  as car might last a bit longer damage wise.

I have both a 8ight truggy and buggy for sale, both brushless, they are excellent models, the truggy I have been using to bash for a couple of years now and apart from a bad landing had been hard as nails. Handles well too as you can imagine for a track car! 

The buggy again is bullet proof but isn't as good for bashing as the truggy, but is brilliant on track! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, turok007 said:

At the moment im thinking   TEKNO ET48 2   or Losi 8IGHT-XE  but will give corally & arrma  another look

Was about to come along and say this, also look into Agama! Sure a race buggy might sound like an odd choice for a basher, but as long as you're not expecting it to behave like a stunt truck / seeking to go nuts at a skate park, you'll be fine! With that said, as you know race tracks are not flat surfaced straights and bends, they're filled with jumps, bumps, humps and what not. Its not like they're super fragile and can't handle impacts...

With your experience and owning a few different cars I suspect you know how to lift off and land, so really I don't think its a bad choice at all. As much as I love Hypers and I really do, as I've had three in under a year...Even outside of racing the handling capability of a race buggy is apparent, then there's another factor, the build quality and machine work etc. My Losi 8ight 4.0 is a pleasure to work on, really well thought out, all the hardened screws, attention to detail on little things really make a difference. 

When I still had my 2.0EU running, I had a friend visit who has been out the hobby for 20 years, I sent him out with the recently setup Hyper 7 (on a stand, geomtery done properly, new shock oils and healthy tyres) and the Losi 8ight 2.0 EU, I didn't tell him which was the old school racer and which was the old school basher, as soon as he tried them he knew which is which lol. He had no knowledge of what's what and had originally assumed the Hyper 7 was the race buggy due to its shell wit flames running down it lol.

Edited by Bert_w164
  • Like 2

I can’t fault my h7 pbs so to me that vs2 looks amazing though somewhat overpriced (because I’d get a h7 pbs again). Why hobao don’t just put the oh so sexy st pro towers on everything though I’ll never know…everything else just looks so very bendy 🤦🏼‍♂️

We all know where I’m still voting (st pro) though those cheap 8ights in fs look very tempting as cheap solid bashers (because they are cheap lol).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Bert_w164 said:

Was about to come along and say this, also look into Agama! Sure a race buggy might sound like an odd choice for a basher, but as long as you're not expecting it to behave like a stunt truck / seeking to go nuts at a skate park, you'll be fine! With that said, as you know race tracks are not flat surfaced straights and bends, they're filled with jumps, bumps, humps and what not. Its not like they're super fragile and can't handle impacts...

With your experience and owning a few different cars I suspect you know how to lift off and land, so really I don't think its a bad choice at all. As much as I love Hypers and I really do, as I've had three in under a year...Even outside of racing the handling capability of a race buggy is apparent, then there's another factor, the build quality and machine work etc. My Losi 8ight 4.0 is a pleasure to work on, really well thought out, all the hardened screws, attention to detail on little things really make a difference. 

When I still had my 2.0EU running, I had a friend visit who has been out the hobby for 20 years, I sent him out with the recently setup Hyper 7 (on a stand, geomtery done properly, new shock oils and healthy tyres) and the Losi 8ight 2.0 EU, I didn't tell him which was the old school racer and which was the old school basher, as soon as he tried them he knew which is which lol. He had no knowledge of what's what and had originally assumed the Hyper 7 was the race buggy due to its shell wit flames running down it lol.

Here is a pic of one losi i had.  a mate begged me to sell it  wish i never

IMG_20210908_091135.jpg

• Like 1

8ight 2.0...i have a 8ight 2.0 sat here in parts, with missing bits...it needs a good home and a rebuild 😉 yeah I can see why you didn't want to part with it, it's lovely!

The 8ight line up has come a long way, the difference between 2.0 and 4.0 is huge...if you wasn't so far from me I'd have gladly offered you to try out my 4.0 👍🏽

Edited by Bert_w164
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bert_w164 said:

8ight 2.0...i have a 8ight 2.0 sat here in parts, with missing bits...it needs a good home and a rebuild 😉 yeah I can see why you didn't want to part with it, it's lovely!

The 8ight line up has come a long way, the difference between 2.0 and 4.0 is huge...if you wasn't so far from me I'd have gladly offered you to try out my 4.0 👍🏽

am looking at a losi 8ight XE   at the moment   need to make my mind up. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bert_w164 said:

Im wanting to do a truggy of some sort.  I had this one  but i sold up  and never got to use it  lol

SAM_0087.JPG

SAM_0095.JPG

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bert_w164 said:

Great choice 👍 Ive just bought a lightly used Agama A319e I’m Just waiting for it to turn up now.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tomr said:

Great choice 👍 Ive just bought a lightly used Agama A319e I’m Just waiting for it to turn up now.

You jammy git, I'll trade you a 6S kei truck, a bag of hyper parts, £3.50 in pennies and a mars bar?

Edit: @turok007 a wild card I forgot to mention, it might be worth holding on for a bit and seeing how the TLR Arrma buggy does...I recall seeing on the literature it's good for 6S, so hopefully it's running some decent diffs...

Edited by Bert_w164
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2