• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Social networking sites

Nick

I'm interested, I don't use any, I have a MySpace account but have never used it, Facebook is really popular and there is a fairly new one called Virb then there are others like Bebo, Freewebs (sorta), etc.

What do you like about them? Could they be improved, if so how? :helpsmilie:

I'm curious in this whole scene, since many of you use them I would be interested to know, as I'm compiling research for a document and a bit of a ludite when it comes to these types of sites.

Thanks. :)

my words on this is DAMMMMMMMM theres some Hot birds on them :P

i think facebox aka netlog now is getting hit by Script kids and linking [CENSORED] site but then again the [CENSORED] site is crap for any one who wants know lol

some just don't give you the freedom to use Html etc.. for example Facebox, i like being able customize that area to your liking but some just don't let you do it

don't really know what your after matey but if just looking to see whats best then i don't know or if your just looking into get a Date or what not then go ahead...in my eyes there all the same what do you get at the end of it just a list of women and girls that have added you to your friends list and a msn account with 200 odd people who you don't know, i get 100s of emails from mates etc.... who have signed up to many site 'HI5' being another and personally just means you have spend more time on the PC talking to a load of internet chicks etc.. while your there wasting time on the internet you could be out on the town in clubs have a rave and just chat to people face to face.

people always give you the sense that your either talking to a 80 year old bloke who just wants a perv or some sort of Pedo

well thats just my 2 pennys

TAMIYAMANUK

i just use facebook to comunicate with friends at uni post pictures ect its good and easy to use you can tag people in photos so they see them and they appear in there profile ect good to sort events and things to.

probably less of a networking site though and more a way of communicating with people you all ready now all though a few weeks ago i got a message from someone who i used to play with when i was 6 years old and havent seen since.

Facebook is by far the best imo, although i use myspace the most.

I don't like how much you can customise myspace tbh, i have the standard profile, and quite like it. I don't think of these pages as "get more friends" just stay in contact - and facebook does that exceptionally well with fewwer (well, zero) randoms adding you just because you like the same band. it's alot more real, if that makes sense.

also being able to see which pictures you're in, tagged by others in facebook is a very cool feature.

I signed up for a tagged one once, i've got the same message from 2 different people (both 21+) and they both had an ad at the bottom, and when i closed it i got a popup for some Orange sim cards.

I like Myspace the best though.

I use bebo because moreless the whole school has a profile

I have got accounts for other ones like tagged but not everyones got it so it seems pointless

I might try facebook though

Myspace is great for beginners (except for the html). Myspace for me is not going to be forgotten for a long time. I have been reunited with friends I haven't seen for 7 years and also school mates I have no chance of seeing as they're too busy with work. So thats my opinion on the '+' points. - points are the illegal spammers that hack into your account and potential pedophiles but you get them on anything and everything these days to do with 'chat'.

Face box baffles me, seems to me that they have over done it with 'makin it look nice' lark, so thats out the window. I have never seen or heard of the others you mentioned.

I use myspace and facebook, have also got a bebo but i think it's terrible.

Normally use myspace for talking to friends at home, like how much you can customise it (it's taught me a lot about html and css etc). I also like how much music there is on there, its cool sometimes to just search under a genre you like, found quite a few bands i like doing that, some unsigned etc. Also most of the music artists put up dates they're playing, which is handy with people like DJ's where they're sometimes not too well advertised.

www.myspace.com/delboyxyz is mine if you want to have a look, doesn't appear brilliantly for IE users though.

Facebook i use for uni friends really, or those who don't have a myspace. It's quite good for things like club events, and to see what you're friends are going to or have been upto. Good for putting up pictures from club nights and stuff, although you get people with redicuslous amounts that it's impossible to look through them all. Facebook isnt really a networking site for meeting new people, as you can't view peoples profiles who you aren't friends with.

If i was to pic one i'd probably go with myspace, but it's easy enough having both.