• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Absima 1:8 Truggy Torch 2.0 6S RTR - Thoughts....

Just looking on Modelsport and they have these for a reasonable £359.00 all in.

I have the lipo's, Xpert steering servo and my trusty old Sanwa MT4 TX/RX to use.

Anyone got one of these? - Just thinking of getting back into RC but will only really be used once every few weeks.

Unless there are alternatives you can recommend?

Al.

£359 is a bit all in. I prefer buggies over truggies as the narrower wheelbase is so much more controlled and less clumsy.

if you’re just getting back into the hobby try a wltoys 144001 brushed it’s much smaller but costs nothing in comparison and very zippy.

My experience with Absima carries a caveat - in that some parts have been pretty poor - slide parts of motor mounts for example - and failed when they really shouldn't, but also long term spares availability and pricing...  Pricing almost certainly influenced by supply, or lack thereof.  A quick look at the current stoke 2.0 for example shows the motor mount main piece (not the motor insert bit) at a very reasonable £7, yet on the older TR8's it was £50 and more towards the end of their run.