• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

my first ever intel build

froggy8

kool i done mine the other year but went from my first intel since the pentium 3 which was the skylake 6600k to a ryzen 3600, dad is running the 6600k now 🙂

looking forward to the build progress and i hope you have fun with it 🙂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yrkoon said:

kool i done mine the other year but went from my first intel since the pentium 3 which was the skylake 6600k to a ryzen 3600, dad is running the 6600k now 🙂

looking forward to the build progress and i hope you have fun with it 🙂

i cant wait till the rams turns up, dont think il be expecting much though as all i do is web browse lol

my current pc specs is:

Mainboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme 4
Processor: Intel i5 4570S 2.90GHz
Memory: Kingston Hyper Beast 16GB PC3-12800
GPU 1: nVidia GeForce GTX 480
Power: Corsair CX600 Modular
Case: Phanteks ethoo pro m tempered glass
Hard Disk: Seagate 1TB
ssd: 256gb
hard disk: 2tb

main reason i wanted to upgrade is so i can put some lights in without the need for the controller. too much wires imo.

1 minute ago, Yrkoon said:

sweet i likey like 🙂

i like asrock boards i had one on my athlon 64 rig and it overclocked pretty well 🙂

it took me ages to decide on a motherboard just like anything else lol i am very indecisive sometimes lol 

not many people like asrock because apparently their quality is not s good as asus or msi. this pc is the first customized pc i bought and it has the asrock mobo in it and i really like it so i decided to go for another asrock model. i was going to get the asus but changed my mind.

for this new build, i dont think i will use a discreet gpu, instead will be using integrated gpu.

kool im more into the gaming side but even then im only running a radeon 5700 and on a 1080p monitor, screw current gpu prices they are super stupid lol

nowt wrong with asrock although im using a budget msi board https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450-TOMAHAWK-MAX

i was raging with amazon just before christmas 2 years ago when i built this current rig, they sent me the ryzen 3600 box with some ones old i5 inside and to add insult to injury it was a much weaker i5 than the 6600k i had at the time lol

just remembered you have an amd build, i was going to do an amd build as it was bit cheaper than this intel build but the power comparison was quite abit.

cant believe you got that from amazon, i have bought few things from aamzon and been fine, glad you sorted it out though.

• Like 1

was going to get the 11400, i chose the 11500 because it has better integrated gpu. both cpu have similar power so made sense to get the better igpu

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-11500-vs-Intel-Core-i5-11400/m1496869vs4112

https://www.cpu-monkey.com/en/compare_cpu-intel_core_i5_11400-1870-vs-intel_core_i5_11500-1868

https://cpu-comparison.com/intel-core-i5-11400/intel-core-i5-11500/

i got help from these comparison, as you can see, theres not much difference apart from the integrated gpu.

• Like 1

Nuts isn't the word, AMD cards are in stock at retailers just double the MSRP, i will stick with my pair of RX480's

not upgraded in a few years nothing special 9900K, 32gb CL16, 2xRX480, 500gb and 1tb 970 M.2 evo's that replaced my old X99 5820K setup

Just sold an MSI R9 280 3Gb, someone paid £80 for it !!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

Nuts isn't the word, AMD cards are in stock at retailers just double the MSRP, i will stick with my pair of RX480's

not upgraded in a few years nothing special 9900K, 32gb CL16, 2xRX480, 500gb and 1tb 970 M.2 evo's that replaced my old X99 5820K setup

Just sold an MSI R9 280 3Gb, someone paid £80 for it !!

sounds like you got a decent set up, how about few pictures?

if i did replace my gtx 480, i would go for 1050 ti, tdp for that is only 75 watts, i could even just use the slot to power it up, no need for power cable.

It's nothing special just an old Corsair Obsidian 750R, HX750 PSU, Gigabyte X390 Gaming X,

Not long built a Mini ITX system, The first AMD system i have built in 20+ years (Ryzen 3 on B450 board) in a Node 304, CM 212evo, Noctua fans all round, again nothing special, it sits there and chews data

• Like 1

i remember before i got the phanteks case, i was going to get the 750D too. very nice case.

ordering the rams tonight so hopefully get them on tuesday then the build can begin 😄 

Edited by froggy8

well i ordered the ram first, the psu can wait. mine is still working ok so i thought why not.

will have a look at the gtx 970 and compare.

• Like 1