• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Please help ID this 1/10 chassis

Bert_w164

Hey peeps,

I bought this RC car for its shell, so anything sitting under the shell is a bonus to me...pic of shell attached too if that helps. Previous owner is unsure and Google lens search didn't come back with any leads.

If anyone knows what it could possibly be, please could you share your views? 

Zb4qVMT.thumb.jpg.a578f06fc142c70c2806e0f2fa1d26dd.jpg

IMG_20210503_133021.thumb.jpg.195bf4579e2b8d3f6fc7e2211772ab67.jpg

Edited by Bert_w164
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, turok007 said:

i know what it is     i have put my answer on a post card  and sent it off.  hope i win

You on the Irn Bru and Whiskey again? 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bert_w164 said:

You on the Irn Bru and Whiskey again? 😂

that saying is from the old days of TV  had to send answers in via a postcard or on the back of a sealed envelope.  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, turok007 said:

that saying is from the old days of TV  had to send answers in via a postcard or on the back of a sealed envelope.  lol

Sorry grandpa, I don't even know what an envelope is. 

J/k, you did get my hopes up though 😂

• Haha 1

Just now, Bert_w164 said:

Sorry grandpa, I don't even know what an envelope is. 

J/k, you did get my hopes up though 😂

click on the pictures  you will see the same chassis 

https://www.adverts.ie/radio-control/rc-carisma-1-14-vodafone-mercedes-clk-dtm-car/443249

• Like 2

You're correct🤗  and I did see that earlier...but as it said 1/14 I dismissed it. Hmmm. I need to check if the shell is really a 1/10 scale. 

Confused.com

Edited by Bert_w164

On 04/05/2021 at 23:00, Bert_w164 said:

You're correct🤗  and I did see that earlier...but as it said 1/14 I dismissed it. Hmmm. I need to check if the shell is really a 1/10 scale. 

Confused.com

I just checked my carisma 959  and they class it as 1/8th  but i would say it is to small really.  as it is very skinny and wheelbase is almost a inch shorter than my 1/8th buggy

• Like 1

Just now, turok007 said:

I just checked my carisma 959  and they class it as 1/8th  but i would say it is to small really.  as it is very skinny and wheelbase is almost a inch shorter than my 1/8th buggy

Thanks buddy, it's turning up in an hour or two, as long as the shell can be reused I'm happy. Looking at the chassis it appears to be toy grade so that'll be finding a new home, I'm just hoping I can mate the shell to a Tamiya TT chassis or similar down the line. 

Any tips on how to protect the shell? I usually use scrip tape and evostik but I don't know if EvoStick would melt the paint job. 

Also any thing I can do to the outer shell for protection too? I did think of lacquer but I'm guessing that may make things brittle?

1 minute ago, Bert_w164 said:

Thanks buddy, it's turning up in an hour or two, as long as the shell can be reused I'm happy. Looking at the chassis it appears to be toy grade so that'll be finding a new home, I'm just hoping I can mate the shell to a Tamiya TT chassis or similar down the line. 

Any tips on how to protect the shell? I usually use scrip tape and evostik but I don't know if EvoStick would melt the paint job. 

Also any thing I can do to the outer shell for protection too? I did think of lacquer but I'm guessing that may make things brittle?

some use drywall tape and shoegoo for the inside  but you might have to do a test as i don't know what the shell is made from.   as for the outside i have seen people use a clear sheet covering  but if it gets damaged it looks worse.  i don't think lacquer makes it anymore brittle.  but i don't know if it will give you any real extra protection.

• Like 1

Cheers mate, a part of me just wants to tidy the shell and keep it as a shelf queen, but then again, a speed runner build with that shell would be lush 🥰 my hyper 7 is a bit too fun to restrict it to speed runs only...I normally play toy cars with the Mrs so it's no good when mine can't even go on grass (GRPs and a low ride height ) 😂

Edited by Bert_w164
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Garry said:

/MA Toys, a distant subsidery of Carisma, they did a few at the time (CLK-GTR, Impreza and a Focus but they are all toys sadly.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/10-scale-rc-mercedes-benz-clk-gtr-1809301193

Cheers buddy! I took one look at the underside of the chassis and it had MRC written and came to the same conclusion. 

Fortunately I was only ever interested in the shell. As it goes the chassis broke when I was removing screws (plastic turned brittle) which reminds me I need to throw it away as I left it on the side...

• Like 1