• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Kraton 6S V5 - Recommend me a Servo, so confused!

Phliby1972

Hi Folks,

I'm thinking of upgrading the servo in my Kraton as the stock one isn't great so I've been trying to research what the best option is and I'm getting so confused with all the various opinions!

Obviously I'm looking for something with decent power (25kg+), good speed and ideally waterproof (just in case) but there are just so many to choose from.  I'm mostly blasting around on a local beach and in the garden until I can locate somewhere else half decent to move onto jumps etc.

I keep hearing good and bad things about the cheap and cheerful DS3225/35 but how reliable are the claimed specs?  Then there's Savox but a lot of folks seem to say they're not really worth the expense and some can be noisy (not that I'll hear it over everything else).  Plus JX Ecoboost, Hitec, PowerHD.  Each manufacturer (apart from the Chinese ones) seems to do about 3 dozen different models too!

I'm open to suggestions of what would be a good choice?

Thanks in advance,

Phil

PS to save anyone typing - got a 25t servo horn on order as I know the stock is 23t.

DS3225/35 can't go wrong with one of these for the money..!! (I'd use the 35 personally in a Kraton)

As Guns says above, what's your budget ??

I have high end servos and also cheapo's in my rigs and to be honest, in a basher it really makes no difference as long s it works..!!

Budget isn't too much of an issue but I'd like to keep it under £150.

I've actually got a DS3225 that I picked up from AliExpress, probably only cost around £15 so I thought "why not" but now I'm second guessing the purchase.  I'd rather spend more a buy one if you know what I mean (although I know price is no guarantee of quality).

I've already done the servo saver mod by adding a couple of circlips to tighten it up plus I've fitted a metal servo mount so now I'm looking at getting the best, most reliable steering I can.

Thanks,

Phil

I've decided to take a punt on a couple of DS3235s from AliExpress to see how they get on.  I doubt they'll actually be 35kg but I've watched a few testing videos and it seems like none of them are quite as "claimed"!

I've been seriously considering the Savox, possibly the SW-2290SG just for complete overkill - metal case and 55kg, doubt I'll ever over stress that one 😁

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Phliby1972 said:

I've decided to take a punt on a couple of DS3235s from AliExpress to see how they get on.  I doubt they'll actually be 35kg but I've watched a few testing videos and it seems like none of them are quite as "claimed"!

I've been seriously considering the Savox, possibly the SW-2290SG just for complete overkill - metal case and 55kg, doubt I'll ever over stress that one 😁

I don't find the stock one too bad to be honest but when it comes to replacing it ill probably go with a Savox, the one you said is an absolute beast don't think you could kill that thing 👍

• Like 1