• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Jconcepts Curved Multi-Tool Pliers

53HRA

The JConcepts curved pliers are very handy to the organized minded racer looking to have a lot of functions in a single tool. The 5-piece design consists of the dual pinching jaws, aluminum handles and steel center pivot screw. The curved plier ends are machined in steel, chamfered to reduce weight, and have inner grips to get ahold of just about any small part in RC.

In the grip area resides an opening where round objects can be gripped and pinched where further work can be done. Near the pivot, an inner cutter is built-in so side cutting can be performed to detach small plastic from parts trees or simply cutting soft metals, solder, or other low resistance materials. Past the pivot, the JConcepts pliers have the handy 4.0 and 3.0 diameters which are for pinching shock shafts during builds or re-builds without unnecessarily marking important surfaces.

The small footprint of the design is accomplished with low-slung aluminum handles, anodized in blue, silver highlighted with milled weight reduction. On the handle, JConcepts.net is etched for authenticity while on the jaw end features a JC logo and diameter dimensions for shock shaft positioning. The center pivot is threaded into place to assemble the tool but can also be disassembled using a 4mm wrench for maintenance and cleaning.

1-2-XMIw9-Pf-width-1200.jpg

jco2888-01.jpg

Source: LiveRC 🙂 

View full news article

I'm looking at them thinking, "does this make sense to chuck in a bash bag", and I'm not sure they do. I'd like pliers and spanners in there, and I guess with the round grabby area these do both, but... think I would prefer actual spanners. The shock shaft tool provides minimal function if you're away from the workbench. If I need to change a shock, it's unlikely I'll be doing that out and about, and my Tekno shock tool is WAYYYY more useful than these...

Handy shop tool for a newcomer I guess, but if you already have a shock tool and some pliers, I'm not sure these have great utility.