• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Kyosho - Suraga-Ya buy out

Fly In My Soup

Late in march (26th) 2021, the SuragaYa group online direct toy/hobby store bought out all shares in kyosho. top-logo.png.b2226a97f5a2d879b430e9e60c23249d.png

Kyosho stated 'we hope to combine surugaya' s capital / selling power with kyosho's technical abilities to enable full scale overseas expansion'

This comes after kyosho was rescued in 2018 from insolvency by another Japanese investment company on the nikkei. 

Hopefully this leads to a brighter future for kyosho.. 2146471919_logo(2).png.7b960f268c4e6fa4f9b59bef65ded3a8.png

Link https://www.a-too.co.jp/a_too_news/駿河屋がrcカーの老舗「kyosho」と資本提携!-2/?fbclid=IwAR3sioFvN7ZOmtPwhqRQrFyE4ItHQdOq9OM5PmqHm7BO2a3bp8CrDWYNjEA

View full news article

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Guns said:

Were Kyosho ever part of Tamiya?

I don't think so, according to Wikipedia (dangerous, I know!) they were only ever rivals.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Guns said:

Were Kyosho ever part of Tamiya?

Nope.

Kyosho has been having financial difficulties for a long time, hopefully this takeover will be the start of a new future for them. The old Mini-Z line has pretty much propped yup the RC side of the business since 2002. The scale model planes and boats have done very well though.