• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Battery advice please for Losi DBXLE 2.0 12S

996redbull

Hi all. As a newbie to large scale I am confused as to what 12S battery set up I should buy for my DBXLE 2.0, which will be running with ZTW BEAST Pro 300A 12S ESC and ZTW BEAST Brushless Motor 620 kV.

I was looking at the Spektrum Smart LiPo's (because my 8S batteries are these and so is my charger), I don't understand enough about the differences between these (apart from price), especially what the 30C, 50C or 100C benefits or negatives would be;
5000mAh 6S 22.2V 100C
5000mAh 6S 22.2V 50C
7000mah 6S 22.2V 30C
7000Mah 6S 22.2V Smart G2 30C

Don't want to choose something that will fry my setup!

Any advice greatly received, thanks.

The 7000 30C packs will work, but the 5000 100C packs will be under less strain due to being able to offer more current when the motor demands it. 

7 x 30 = 210 Amps. 

5 x 100 = 500 Amps. 

Those are the basic calculations, but I'd take the results with a pinch of salt. The manufacturers tend to twist the truth, allegedly. 

I don't know what your motor will pull (in Amps), but your supplier might know. 

Well...your ESC is rated to a nominal 300A continuous....so I would make sure I had batteries that would not kill themselves doing that. So, of your options...I would be going with those 5000Mah 100C items. The 7000Mah will give slightly longer runtimes, but I would still go with the high C packs