• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Slash 4x4 - 1700kv motor on 4s

Fly In My Soup

51 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Hold on, is it still a slash after you swap out the chassis to a flat pan etc . I think it’s more a Frankenstein RC 😂😂

Goes well though 👍

I think most of Paddys RCs are Frankenstein RCs. :lol: But they turn out great!!

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Nick said:

I think most of Paddys RCs are Frankenstein RCs. :lol: But they turn out great!!

I prefer the term... Mongrel... 😆😆... 

Yes every single one I've built becomes a Frankenstein sooner or later

1 hour ago, mydoddy69 said:

Hold on, is it still a slash after you swap out the chassis to a flat pan etc . I think it’s more a Frankenstein RC 😂😂

Goes well though 👍

It's a slash with a cnc chassis I guess.... And different shocks... Wheels... Rpm arms

Pretty much every other component was taken from a slash... All running gear front and rear, driveline ... Servo, servo mount.... Steering setup and rack.... Etc etc

Some would call it a custom build.... Some would say its just a modified slash.... Some say its just a Mongrel....

It works, that's all I'm bothered about🤣😆👍

I just take the weak bits and replace them for what they (traxxas) Should of used in the first place.... 🤔.... 

It came to Me from canada with some rpm arms 

Would love to get a rally body but some look like a melted mess and not very scale (delta plastiks)... Idk... 

Any suggestions??? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fly In My Soup said:

I prefer the term... Mongrel... 😆😆... 

Yes every single one I've built becomes a Frankenstein sooner or later

It's a slash with a cnc chassis I guess.... And different shocks... Wheels... Rpm arms

Pretty much every other component was taken from a slash... All running gear front and rear, driveline ... Servo, servo mount.... Steering setup and rack.... Etc etc

Some would call it a custom build.... Some would say its just a modified slash.... Some say its just a Mongrel....

It works, that's all I'm bothered about🤣😆👍

I just take the weak bits and replace them for what they (traxxas) Should of used in the first place.... 🤔.... 

It came to Me from canada with some rpm arms 

Would love to get a rally body but some look like a melted mess and not very scale (delta plastiks)... Idk... 

Any suggestions??? 

The only cheap ones I know of are the FTX Hooligan ones not the best looking but they are cheap 👍

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

The only cheap ones I know of are the FTX Hooligan ones not the best looking but they are cheap 👍

Ooof no .... Ive seen those jelly molded things... Not a fan... 

I'm looking for more scale ones... 

I've got my eye on this but it's £100😬😬😬

Screenshot_20210327_165345.jpg

• Like 1