• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Best complete RTR buggy setup for around £200

29 minutes ago, walkbythesea said:

You’ll almost certainly be wanting some of these in the spares box

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=365755

beware that if you replace them with alloy the next most likely thing to break is a wishbone if you hit something hard enough

Either the suspension arm or the holder will give way in a crash.

Keep the holder in plastic since they are cheaper and easier to replace.

1 hour ago, Scottyb said:

2 minutes into it's maiden voyage on grass, it gets traction, flips over and shatters the rear suspension tower, amazing

Now you know why that car got its name. :rofl:   --> Carnage

If you plan for heavy jumping get the Carbon shock towers. But leave the shell holders in plastic.

And there is an optional wheelie bar available.

Might make it easier for you to used to the power.

But once you got the hang of it the fun is endless.

And I have the feeling you will enjoy its power for quite a while...

4 minutes ago, Scottyb said:

I think everywhere is out of stock of the carbon ones until next month and i'd like to use my car so i'll get the alloy ones for now and see how i get on with them

Do they have alloy ones?

They have been unavailable for ages...

2 minutes ago, Scottyb said:

I bought the last pair, but he has front and rear seperate on his other auctions

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FTX-Aluminium-Front-and-Rear-Shock-Tower-For-Carnage-Bugsta-Outlaw-Vantage-Zorro/194021872266

I have been looking for them for a long time.

They must have become available again.

I believe they are better than the carbon ones.

The carbon ones don't have threads and therefore you need to use nylocs on the other side.

Thus preventing me from properly fixing the wheelie bar.

3 hours ago, Scottyb said:

Just getting alloy ones at least i can bend em back, should have ordered them with the car but didn't realise just how crap the towers actually were, i've got bags for life in the cupboard that are thicker

Tbf the speed of it took me a bit by surprise, had a quick go on the front before it started raining and it was just wheelies galore lol, I think i'll go to a very big field tomorrow to get the hang of it, have just zip clipped it together for now but should hold up as i won't be doing any jumping

If you have already ordered then not to worry, but I can’t recommend the carbon shock towers enough. They’re solid!

2 hours ago, Jens said:

I have been looking for them for a long time.

They must have become available again.

I believe they are better than the carbon ones.

The carbon ones don't have threads and therefore you need to use nylocs on the other side.

Thus preventing me from properly fixing the wheelie bar.

I managed to fit mine okay.

also, you can see I have the alloy arm holders. They’re a must in my opinion. Broke several of the plastic ones with ease. Since going alloy, the cars been really quite good - no breakages for the past 3 runs on both cars (With the exception of 2 diffs 😞)

image.jpg

Edited by Ant.p

Should probably move this to the owners thread 🤪

I'm still trying to budget myself atm lol, if I manage to sell the brushed motor and esc I'll invest in the ally suspension holders as well, maybe the chassis too as this one feels a bit flimsy