• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Pro-Line discontinued tires?

Mauri3205

I have been looking recently at upgrading the stock Talon EXT on the E-Revo 2.0 to Trencher X or the Badlands but noticed that replacement 3.8 tires are all marked as discontinued on the PL website and general stock availability on Modelsport and Wheelspin is not great. 

Have I missed some announcement about cutting Traxxas support or is this a sign they are refreshing the range? In the meantime any other recommendations out there similar to the Badlands and Trenchers?

4 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Proline are now owned by Horizon so it’s no surprise they wouldn’t want to supply there competitors with any sort of aftermarket support 

So are there any alternatives to consider? I have come across Duratrax and don’t know which to choose, any other brands?

My only concern is buying a wheel/tyre set and then realise they have stopped selling tyres separately because that’s what I see on the Proline website. If not for that I’m itching for the Trencher X and OG Badlands (I think MX Badlands may be too heavy).