• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Vantage speed runner

Lone-wolf

Haha found it, get some pics of things it’s hard to understand what your saying pics speak a thousand words ! 

( Advice ) get a small box stand the buggy on it so wheels are off the bench and better still remove the wheels as well when bench testing ! 

Dont bin that esc it might just need recalibration and you had the wires in the wrong way on the rx so no signal, what where there leds doing on the esc ? 

Post up a pic of how you had it all wired up and layout maybe there’s a better layout so the shell fits better ? 

Don’t Chuck  in the towel at this stage. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Haha found it, get some pics of things it’s hard to understand what your saying pics speak a thousand words ! 

( Advice ) get a small box stand the buggy on it so wheels are off the bench and better still remove the wheels as well when bench testing ! 

Dont bin that esc it might just need recalibration and you had the wires in the wrong way on the rx so no signal, what where there leds doing on the esc ? 

Post up a pic of how you had it all wired up and layout maybe there’s a better layout so the shell fits better ? 

Don’t Chuck  in the towel at this stage. 

Thanks for the input, sorry no pic of it wired in as its now removed, however i did have it wired correctly though i can understand why you would suggest that, we have all done it before, now then i did the full set up so i had F/B/R low volts set and punch to no 4, when it did not work i blamed the Dumborc radio but having a spare i put an FTX radio in and still did not work, once i changed over to the surpass 60amp esc it all worked fine, while the esc did not work i had steering, and tried esc in channel 1 on both radios..........my only conclusion is the Hobbywing is toast.

The car is now usable as i fixed the 4wd issue just cant run it 4s 

Edited by Jack Reacher

1 minute ago, Jack Reacher said:

Thanks for the input, sorry no pic of it wired in as its now removed, however i did have it wired correctly though i can understand why you would suggest that, we have all done it before, now then i did the full set up so i had F/B/R low volts set and punch to no 4, when it did not work i blamed the Dumborc radio but having a spare i put an FTX radio in and still did not work, once i changed over to the surpass 60amp esc it all worked fine, while the esc did not work i had steering, and tried esc in channel 1 on both radios..........my only conclusion is the Hobbywing is toast

Did you Calibrate it that’s nothing to do with the programme card ? When you programmed it what card are you using ? 

You're really not having much luck are you? Feel free to send me the WP-SC8 to take a look at, I'll be able to confirm 100% whether it's faulty or not. I'll send it back either way, just cover postage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You don’t calibrate it with the set button you use the transmitter it’s setting the amount of travel on the throttle trigger it allows a neutral position full throttle and then reverse is that what you mean ? 

Don’t throw that esc out !! 

send it to me or everclear I’m sure it’s not broken even if it is it can be fixed 👍

21 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

You don’t calibrate it with the set button you use the transmitter it’s setting the amount of travel on the throttle trigger it allows a neutral position full throttle and then reverse is that what you mean ? 

Don’t throw that esc out !! 

send it to me or everclear I’m sure it’s not broken even if it is it can be fixed 👍

Its retrieved regards calibration i thought you pressed set button and released then full forward and press, neutral press, full reverse and press 

and thanks for taking time to give suggestions plus offer of taking a look at it

Edited by Jack Reacher

49 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Its retrieved regards calibration i thought you pressed set button and released then full forward and press, neutral press, full reverse and press 

and thanks for taking time to give suggestions plus offer of taking a look at it

Glad you got it sorted. Obviously you know now, but for future reference Hobbywing is always set Neutral, full throttle then reverse.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, everclear1984 said:

Glad you got it sorted. Obviously you know now, but for future reference Hobbywing is always set Neutral, full throttle then reverse.

Okay, then this is my bad, as i did full forward then neutral then reverse, i dont know if i will fit it back in or just leave surpass 60 in for now, TBH i dont think the Arrow tyres would handle 4s

• Like 1

Okay happy days, i now have the vantage running with 60amp surpass, DumboRC x6G and 3660 3300kv motor, it runs well and managed to record a speed in the street of 31.87 MPH, keeping in mind i could not get any where near full bore, i am now looking forward to trying it in a proper place

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Hahaha dare say your not alone I think everybody on this forum has made mistakes along way even me lol 

Glad you got it sorted 👍👍

Thanks mydoddy, i do appreciate your positive and helpful input, i am going to make a prediction of 58mph on 3s.............leave that here lol 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jack Reacher said:

Thanks mydoddy, i do appreciate your positive and helpful input, i am going to make a prediction of 58mph on 3s.............leave that here lol 

If it’s any help I had a Vandal same buggy different make mine was a blast handled well for what it was. I reckon if you ad some aero cheap road tyres nice warm day your hit your mark 👍

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

If it’s any help I had a Vandal same buggy different make mine was a blast handled well for what it was. I reckon if you ad some aero cheap road tyres nice warm day your hit your mark 👍

I have Arrow road tyres on it and they are pretty good, like you say it handles well, the tyres offer decent grip for the price, though they do balloon a lot, hence not sure they will take 4s power 

1 hour ago, Jack Reacher said:

I have Arrow road tyres on it and they are pretty good, like you say it handles well, the tyres offer decent grip for the price, though they do balloon a lot, hence not sure they will take 4s power 

4s !! Maybe not lol 

You could try to unglue them and tape the inside tyre but you’d need to get it even or it would wobble like crazy 

• Like 1

Had a silly idea for a shell, as i have been trying to sell it for a while but kinda work with what ya got

Not saying i will use it but could fix it on easy with magnet mounts and it would give room inside aplenty

HPI Vantage.JPG

HPI vantage front.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1