• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Axial RBX10 Ryft Owners Thread!

.AJ.

Trailing arms arrived 

39621-AAB-6200-4-F39-9358-B95183105636.j

Im pretty impressed with the, for £14, but the pivot balls aren’t the correct width, I tried to reuse the old ones but they won’t fit in the supplied rod ends, so you either have to use a few washers to take up the slack or use Axial straight rod ends like on the other links 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, .AJ. said:

Trailing arms arrived 

39621-AAB-6200-4-F39-9358-B95183105636.j

Im pretty impressed with the, for £14, but the pivot balls aren’t the correct width, I tried to reuse the old ones but they won’t fit in the supplied rod ends, so you either have to use a few washers to take up the slack or use Axial straight rod ends like on the other links 

You’d think someone would test fit at least one at the factory?  Unless they just don’t give a crap.

Look decent for the money though 

• Haha 1

That’s China for you lol, as it goes I want to change the angled rod ends on the front links anyway, they are a well known weak spot and one pack will have enough for the trailing arms plus the links and have a couple spares 👍 

• Like 2

Gave it a test run earlier, it didn’t last long, there something very wrong with the transmission, on free wheel and reverse it’s sounds horrendous, it’s definitely not the motor or mesh, also the motor is completely ott even on 3s, sooo I may think about changing it 🤣🤣🤣

• Confused 1

My SSD hubs arrived. So no more wheels falling off. Centre of gravity racing made me a titanium steering link set and is going to be doing a full set for me to remove the need of the rubbish rod ends.   Coming along nicely but slowly now.  Next is a better servo and servo saver I think.  And the 2 speed set up. 

16 minutes ago, Hell horn. said:

My SSD hubs arrived. So no more wheels falling off. Centre of gravity racing made me a titanium steering link set and is going to be doing a full set for me to remove the need of the rubbish rod ends.   Coming along nicely but slowly now.  Next is a better servo and servo saver I think.  And the 2 speed set up. 

What rod ends will the links use?

I hadn’t planned to do this but I’ve just bought a set of Vitavon axles

689-B8352-1424-4685-A9-F7-96-C5-F96-CD3-

They are on sale at AE for £214.99

https://www.applianceelectronics.co.uk/viewproduct/19618/vitavon-vitaxialryfthousingset-axle-ryf-housing-set

Looking at the Vitavon eBay store they are nearly £350 with the terrible exchange rate, that ain’t getting better anytime soon either and they are still a good bit cheaper than UK sourced Treal axles, I just need to find a reasonable priced set of matching knuckles now 😂

Ouch 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284279913746?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=Y5rZhw9nQ1W&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=El0DyfSqRf-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...