• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Axial RBX10 Ryft Owners Thread!

.AJ.

Just now, .AJ. said:

Yeah, I bought it from Asiatees, ive emailed them to see what can be done 👍 

I always buy stuff like this with my Mastercard for a bit more cover, I should think they would exchange it 🤔

It’s going back to Castle, £31 shipping ouch, the Ryft has been boxed away for now, I did think about selling it, but I’ve now bought another servo for it, ive robbed the HH out of it for my Enduro and might get a set of Treal axles when they are released 😂

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

You can buy Ali axles for it now off Ebay from China, £31 for shipping is a bit much 😬 but then it's a long way!

I am trying not to spend any money on anything more atm, Hard i know 😔

• Like 1

Just got home from my first run with both the 2-speed and the sway bars installed.

The sway bar obviously makes it alot more drivable, more stable and it corners much faster.

While I feel the Ryft really needs the sway bar, it also makes it a little less fun to drive.  But then I kinda enjoy the unpredictability of driving the thing 😅

I am also a bit torn on the 2-speed.

Install was not the smoothest, had to drill out the hole in the transmission cover where the shift arm exits. The original hole was causing binding which made it very hard to move the mechanism.

Once that was done, shifting was reliable. Just feels like theres alot of play in the part that engages the low and high gears.

I run a Mamba X and Tekin ROC 412HD 2300kV in my Ryft on 3s with a 13T pinion, so my Ryft isn´t exactly quick. Probably around 40kmh on high.

Low is about half that, didn´t get a measurement though. Noticeably more torque and drag brake when crawling, but still not quite as low as I would like.

For the way I drive the ryft, I might just go back to the single speed and leave crawling to my real crawlers 😄

Edited by Snowmandk
  • Like 1

Sooooooooooooo, ive decided to keep the Ryft, I’m changing the electrics though, the dead Mamba with go in my Enduro when it returns from Castle and ive got a Tekin RX4 arriving early next week to replace it 👍 

4-CF6-B5-B1-1-BEF-409-F-8-F54-E912-D412-

And I’m swapping the motor to a Holmes Hobbies Puller Pro R 2700kv,  found this new on eBay for £100, I sold the Castle 1415 for £95 😁

D813-E4-EA-CE50-4424-BE07-752-B06-B15-FB

• Like 1