• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Outcast 4s Shock upgrade.......any ideas?

AndyBell

Hi all,

Anyone upgraded thier shocks on thier Outcast/Kraton 4s?  I'm looking to replace the standard shocks as I'm sick of rebuilding them all the time....I've seen someone say they have fitted 6S shocks, are these a straight swap or or are there any modifications needed to make them fit?

Also are there any decent aftermarket sets you can get, seen some from China on eBay but can't find any info if they are decent or not.  Also Hot Racing seem to have stopped producing the shock bodies for the 4s.

Anyways any solutions would be welcome, the cheaper the better!

Thanks, Andy.

@AndyBell I know the Typhon 6s shocks work really well on my Senton, the shock length actually isn't massively different, between the Senton and the Outcast, because the Outcast has much bigger wheels and different shock mounting positions, I am 95% confident Typhon 6s rears all round on the Outcast 4s will work.

@Tony might be able to help you with lengths though and get some 6s shocks from him, he's a breaker with good knowledge :good:

• 4 months later...

pro-line makes shocks for the 3s and 4s lines, being pro line they are a little pricy but meant to be real nice, part number 6359-01 for the rear and 6359-00 for the front, could also try the new arrma 3s socks as they are meant to have fixed the issue.
but saying all this my kratons 4s shocks have been leak free since ive had it