• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

30 Degree North 1/5 - Essential Upgrades

petrolhead81

Hi guys,

I’m about to treat myself to my first 1/5 scale with the purchase of a 30DNT Stadium Truck. I plan to rebuild out of the box and wanted thoughts on the essential upgrades to include. Assume around £150 budget for upgrades 😁 .

Thanks,

James

Also I would get the chassis skid plates then maybe some outerwears. Droop screws. A spare pull start and a spare spark plug. Not essential but maybe pull start thumb screws. As for oils unless there is nothing in the parts in question I would leave them till it was required for standard servicing as you maybe happy with what is in there already? 

Kill switch.  Check oils on shocks and diffs. Check pinion gear bolt  

I would order some spare bladder caps for the shocks as when I checked my DNT, all shocks were only 80% full and the bladder caps were feathered so wouldn't seal.

Chassis brace front and back cheap upgrade and skid plates.

Diff oils...... I run 20k front, 60k middle, 10k rear.

Shock oil

35wt front 45wt rear.

Everybody to their own on oils

Epoxy a 5p under the droop screw on each corner.  Works a treat to protect the chassis.

First real upgrades. Center diff  gear case changed to alloy and change the center diff plastic towers out for alloy at a later date, and change the bearings out for either decent automotive bearings if you have a bearing supplier near you or team fast eddy bearing kit.  Acer bearings do a hybrid ceramic bearing kit for the losi 5t which fits the DNT that I keep looking at... 

It's a very solid model, and the stock 29cc is actually very good.  Stock Exhaust is ear splittingly LOUD bit is pretty good.

PXL_20201212_174549577.jpg

Edited by Shaunomercy