• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

BOTH SOLD 2x Hobao Hyper VSE 1/8th Scale Buggies

Bix

These two have been in the loft for over a year but I finally got round to sorting them out. Both have been completely rebuilt with new bearings where required and fresh diff oil throughout. Please read the descriptions fully and review all pictures so you know what your buying.

The first one is the better of the two and is almost ready to run apart from radio gear, the included electronics are all from the 4S RTR version. The ESC power switch has been replaced as the original was playing up and the battery leads have been shortened before adding the XT90 connector so there isn't too many cables floating about under the shell. It has been tested this afternoon and works perfectly so all you need is radio gear and batteries and your ready to go.

It has upgraded springs, shock pistons, rear chassis protector and front and rear alloy hinge pin holders. It has also just been fitted with a new chassis which I've modified along with the rear diff housing so you can use two rear chassis braces, this is detailed over on the Hobao VSE owners thread and works a treat at preventing the rear of the chassis bending under extreme conditions.

The body developed a crack but has been repaired and the entire body has been reinforced with shoe goo and dry wall tape and its in great condition otherwise. The mounted Fastrax badlands copies are only one run old and one has been reglued where needed. The stock wheels are also included and although pretty worn are good enough for some car park bashing.

Also included is pretty much every spare part you could ever need, although we have very rarely needed to use most of them. Being a used RC the front shock tower, shock caps and the wing have a few scrapes but other than that its mint.

Given the condition, the fact its been completely rebuilt and the spares included this one is £250 (SOLD) posted via Parcelforce Express48 to the UK only.

69-B47936-D409-4-C77-B950-3-B5-FA10-E6-F

C4-F252-A8-C016-4-DAB-AACF-F4-F3606-FABD

2-F6-CE00-E-CADC-4-A48-B7-BA-F014-AEC849

27442-F31-18-F4-4-A35-844-E-4-BAE220-F17

4850567-A-2923-49-E6-BB75-3-E336-B43-B1-

340-FBF43-6-B1-D-4-B0-C-A1-EB-0-BE0-D2-B

F98095-AD-C56-A-4486-AC2-D-DE5114-B4-A0-

8-B38-DAA2-DE62-401-D-BD9-B-C5-AC5-B94-C

The second one up for grabs is a little rougher round the edges but has also been completely rebuilt and is sold as a roller. NOTE this one does require one new part to get it completely sorted, it needs a new front shock body as my boy somehow managed to bend one, I did sand down the piston slightly to alloy free movement which was plenty serviceable for bashing but there is very little damping on that corner so it needs replacing really. The part required is part number 90045 which is readily avaliable for about £20, also included is a brand new set of upgraded pistons and a new shock shaft so that's all you will need.

This one also has the double rear brace mod and proves just how well it works as although the chassis is pretty scarred its perfectly straight. It also has the alloy rear hinge pin holder but not the front as they weren't in stock at the time but there is two spare plastic front braces included which I never needed anyways. Theres a few other spares included and a couple of well used spare wheels which need reglueing, The mounted wheels are also well used and have been reglued a few times now but have plenty of runs left in them. 

The body has been reinforced with shoe goo and dry wall tape but has developed a crack by the rear mounting hole and the front mounting hole is stretched, both easily repairable with some more shoe goo. 

Other than the points above this one runs just as smooth as the first one and just needs some electronics and the shock sorting and your good to go.

Bit unsure how to price this one as it needs the shock sorting so I'll price it at £100 (SOLD) posted via Parcelforce Express48 to the UK only but I am open to sensible offers.

E690417-D-3-BAC-44-BF-BBE0-C14-D89761114

43-C24-C8-B-D135-4-CAA-BBBE-7-A127-D27-A

4-C0459-C1-A3-F5-444-F-B034-F56407-EDFB7

C75929-AC-1-BA5-4-DC5-859-A-49128-F6-E79

66-AD8-DBB-55-FB-4-A96-B53-D-114-BAF3-E2

762-E03-B2-0-C99-4-CA2-A7-FF-8-A3-D5-BC7

Thanks for looking 👍

Edited by Bix
  • Like 2

£80 for the 2nd one Bix?  It'll get a good home and I'm intrigued at the twin braces - we usually fit the alloy aliexpress special but of course it reduces the bit of flex in the chassis that actually useful.  

14 hours ago, capri-boy said:

£80 for the 2nd one Bix?  It'll get a good home and I'm intrigued at the twin braces - we usually fit the alloy aliexpress special but of course it reduces the bit of flex in the chassis that actually useful.  

Apologies for the late reply my email notifications are playing up! I had a PM waiting in front of you and it’s already gone pending payment I’m afraid 

• Bix changed the title to BOTH SOLD 2x Hobao Hyper VSE 1/8th Scale Buggies
  • Gaz! locked this topic