• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi LMT Owners Thread

Jumper

I decided to paint my headers and the clear lexan bits that have sponsorship stickers an aluminum colour. 

To access the headers I had to remove my battery tray. Upon reassembly/reinstallation of the battery tray, Im noticing that only one side of the battery strap retention bar is threaded? One screw fits back in perfect while the other is just loosely laid in there. 

Is anyone else's like this? Perhaps I'm missing a part to keep the other side snug? 

Help would be appreciated as Losi's exploded view leaves a lot to be desired. 

20210324_192945.jpg

20210324_193015.jpg

20210324_183248.jpg

Edited by Bizzle
  • Like 1

Mine was exactly the same, the screw in the strap rod had been cross threaded, luckily I had a spare screw the same size in my parts bin 

The headers look cool painted, it’s a job I’ve been meaning to do but never got round to, I did reposition them so they face backwards though 😂

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Bizzle said:

I decided to paint my headers and the clear lexan bits that have sponsorship stickers an aluminum colour. 

To access the headers I had to remove my battery tray. Upon reassembly/reinstallation of the battery tray, Im noticing that only one side of the battery strap retention bar is threaded? One screw fits back in perfect while the other is just loosely laid in there. 

Is anyone else's like this? Perhaps I'm missing a part to keep the other side snug? 

Help would be appreciated as Losi's exploded view leaves a lot to be desired. 

20210324_192945.jpg

20210324_193015.jpg

20210324_183248.jpg

Mine was ok  But it is a pain as the receiver box is in the way

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, .AJ. said:

Mine was exactly the same, the screw in the strap rod had been cross threaded, luckily I had a spare screw the same size in my parts bin 

The headers look cool painted, it’s a job I’ve been meaning to do but never got round to, I did reposition them so they face backwards though 😂

Mine is completely void of threading so I'll put in some adhesive tape in there to hold the bolt from coming out. 

I'd like to know what that part number is. Maybe a call to Horizon... 

I thought of turning the headers the other way but I figured Losi had them like that for a reason, so I just put them back on the way they came stock. 

I like how the branded name plates came out though. 

20210324_223040.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, .AJ. said:

Looking good mate, I would speak to Horizon, they seem pretty happy throwing parts at people going by the FB group, I done a quick search and the bar/rod/thingy is part of LOS241033 👍 

Thank you sir! 

Upon some thought, I think I'll prefer Velcro straps. Getting the cap screws in and out is a pain, so I think Velcro is the way to go for me. 

Maybe I'll flip those headers while I'm at it 😁😁

EDIT: Not flipping the headers. I googled pics of actual monster trucks and all of them had the headers faced the way Losi has them. 

Also, Horizon is sending me a full batt tray set tomorrow free of charge. Excellent customer service. 👍🤘

Edited by Bizzle
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Being the cheap skate I am I’ve made up some limiting straps of my own and a servo link 😂

8-BDE39-D1-42-C4-4-A42-805-E-B5118125-D7

I also replaced those crappy cheese m2.5 bolts with the nasty 1.5mm hex head for some much better 2mm cap head bolts 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121926854381

Looks good and solid! Nice work 👍

I modded up a spare crawler bumper I had. It will break on the first tumble but should protect the body at least once lol.

20210326_132143.jpg

20210326_132123.jpg

• Like 2

100mm hot racing limit straps installed. These are a perfect fit and have already stretched to the ideal length. Very happy with them. 

Also got in the famous bumper that makes all the scale guys cringe hahahahha. I hit it with a few coats of flat brake caliper paint and think it came out nice for being an eye sore. A very solid piece that will help salvage my chassis plates and body shell. 

20210331_170315.jpg

20210331_184727.jpg

20210401_162315.jpg

20210401_162257.jpg

• Like 3

Free LCG battery tray mod.

Used the stock tray and trimmed the mounting points off it with my Dremel, a knife would work too.

Removed my headers and marked a spot on the tray using the existing hole drilled for one of the header pipes. I did the same thing further back on the chassis using an existing hole in the chassis plate.

I drilled holes in the battery tray where I marked them lining up with the chassis plate holes. The header holes and the mock headers them selves are drilled using a smaller hole so I just drilled them out a bit.

I used some pivot balls as spacers up front to help support the header mount.

From there I just used the front screws provided in the stock battery location for the header mounts and used 12mm screws for the rear.

Looks pretty good I gotta say and it's strong.

20210402_093515.jpg

20210402_101328.jpg

20210402_112043.jpg

20210402_115255.jpg

20210402_123417.jpg

20210402_141134.jpg

• Like 2

The difference was truly noticeable. The in air manners were MUCH more consistent, it definitely stayed more planted in the corners as well.

It will not transform the behaviours of the truck as it is still solid axle, however the difference was far more noticeable than I had anticipated. 

• Like 3