• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Choice of 3 nitro truggies

whitey392

Quick depends on the nitro engine and gearing, a 28 size engine is best but you can go larger but I see no significant real benefits in a truggy. A cheap decent basher engine is a SH28 P3.  Used to get them for about £70 from ebay overseas but now Brexit will have increased prices. Nitro requires a bit of patience. Never found the stock 28 Mac star engine in Hypers that fast, only my view.

• Like 1

Of the 3 ...I'd buy the one that isn;t the HPI Bullet.

It was never a good design when it was new, and as it hasn't been improved...well...it's still not very good. I remember when it was new HPI doing an article on how to put bits of fuel tube in the drive cups to stop the driveshafts falling out.

I had an ST Pro and it was tough as old boots.

• Like 1

I've had a Hyper St Pro truggy, a good bomb proof truggy it is but its on the heavier side and the rear use to always squat on a 21 and 28 engine I had in it all that time . If I had a Hyper St Pro now I would of probably convert it to a brushless electric system and simply get another truggy or buggy out there. I've recently been hooked on to Kyoshos' I just love the quality which goes into them.