• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas servo clicking when steering

Alex96

Hi folks, new to the hobby and the forum so Hopefully I'm In the right place! The servo in my traxxas summit 1/16 xl-2.5 has started making a clicking noise when I'm steering the car. I Heard it briefly last night, but it seems after a few runs with the truck this morning it has gotten abit more regular. However it doesn't seem to be affecting the steering as such, it's just making a constant clicking noise when steering. Does anyone know what the issue might be? and any suggestions on good servos suitable for my car would be super helpful. I have attached a little video also. Thanks folks and merry Xmas. 

1 hour ago, Alex96 said:

Hi folks, new to the hobby and the forum so Hopefully I'm In the right place! The servo in my traxxas summit 1/16 xl-2.5 has started making a clicking noise when I'm steering the car. I Heard it briefly last night, but it seems after a few runs with the truck this morning it has gotten abit more regular. However it doesn't seem to be affecting the steering as such, it's just making a constant clicking noise when steering. Does anyone know what the issue might be? and any suggestions on good servos suitable for my car would be super helpful. I have attached a little video also. Thanks folks and merry Xmas. 

Does it make the same clicking sound with the servo horn off?

Sorry not sure what you mean! It just makes that clicking noise when steering on the ground. but if I pick the car up off the ground and steer it doesn't make the clicking noise! Thanks for the reply and sorry again this is my first rc car so I'm clueless but I'm doing some research. Thanks 

3 hours ago, Alex96 said:

Sorry not sure what you mean! It just makes that clicking noise when steering on the ground. but if I pick the car up off the ground and steer it doesn't make the clicking noise! Thanks for the reply and sorry again this is my first rc car so I'm clueless but I'm doing some research. Thanks 

yeeh thats right alex as when off the ground theres no, pressure on the servo as it doesnt need ti turn those big wheels etc

id say tonys spot on stripped servo gears  or youve adjusted the end pionts on the TX  you can rebuild or buy a new one now ,is it standard size on the 1/16th or mini?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Tony said:

Looks like they do metal gears option which is stronger but pricey

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/traxxas-waterproof-micro-servo-metal-gear/rc-car-products/439254

Don't go spending extra for the Traxxas name on it. I'll find you a good alternative when I get a sec, unless someone beats be to it

• Thanks 1

Just had a quick Google and the Savox 0250 looks a popular choice.  The Traxxas offering has around 1.5kg of torque, the Savox has 5kg so much better.

If you type "Micro Servo MG" into eBay you'll find some dirt cheap options. Not sure how good they are but on paper they look like they'd do the job.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ah no problem that's great I'll go an order one just now! Yeah that's my mistake, I just had a quick glance at it earlier and saw this in the description. I should have read further. Thanks for all the help hopefully I don't run into anymore problems. 

Screenshot_20201218_232722.jpg

22 minutes ago, Alex96 said:

Ah no problem that's great I'll go an order one just now! Yeah that's my mistake, I just had a quick glance at it earlier and saw this in the description. I should have read further. Thanks for all the help hopefully I don't run into anymore problems. 

Screenshot_20201218_232722.jpg

Hmm strange

• Like 1