• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Infinity Nitro 1/10 Truck

kirt48

Hi

I have just purchased an Infinity 1/10 gas truck from the states. I paid $169.00 for the truck. I am new to this would like to know from the experts that use this site if it is a good truck and is the price ok? This is the link to view the car, any assistance would be great! Thttp://www.raidentech.com/1rtrnigasrar.htm

KIrt

hi ye it looks like a good car. i hope you have a good time with it becasue i got nitro car but it does not work.lol.

hi ye it looks like a good car. i hope you have a good time with it becasue i got nitro car but it does not work.lol.

Cheers, what did you think about the price? Does it seem reasonable? Iam new to this, i race a grade motocross and have been made to stop by the wife because we have just had a baby, i cant go without some sort of engineso this was my compromise!!!

Cheers, what did you think about the price? Does it seem reasonable? Iam new to this, i race a grade motocross and have been made to stop by the wife because we have just had a baby, i cant go without some sort of engineso this was my compromise!!!

Cheers! Im not at all familiar with these little cars, but i have raced a lot of 2 stroke moto x bikes. After a rebuild the best way to bed the rings was to just ride it flat out from the start? Would this be a good idea with a smaller scale 2 stroke like this? Or is a proper break in required??

Kirt

in nitro engines, they require break in. i ran 3 tanks through just letting it idle, then 2 tanks quarter throttle, then 2 tanks half throttle, than another 2 with small bursts at full throttle before starting to drive it properly. there's alot of methods out there (a few in this forum under Guides & Tutorials) so research before trying this yourself! the engine may come with its own instructions on how to best run it in.

in nitro engines, they require break in. i ran 3 tanks through just letting it idle, then 2 tanks quarter throttle, then 2 tanks half throttle, than another 2 with small bursts at full throttle before starting to drive it properly. there's alot of methods out there (a few in this forum under Guides & Tutorials) so research before trying this yourself! the engine may come with its own instructions on how to best run it in.

Cheers!

Thanks for the advice, you seem to know your stuff, any objections to me contacting you in the future if i have any problems??

Kirt

whatever you do dont start it and go full throttle ... it will put to much pressure on thetight engine and you will probably snap the conrod

also it may say its gas powerd but it DOUS NOT run on petrol i assume you know that ..... somebody came into my lhs claiming the truck they baout off ebay wouldnt work he had infact put petrol not nitro in it

also it may say its gas powerd but it DOUS NOT run on petrol i assume you know that ..... somebody came into my lhs claiming the truck they baout off ebay wouldnt work he had infact put petrol not nitro in it

Hhaha, no problem there, i am new to this but know it wont run on diesel!! :lol: Cheers Mate

model technics is awful in my experiance. its far too oily and it just spits out loads of gunk, regardless of tune.

Cool, think i will use the odonells. If anyone out there is thinking of ordering from the USA, DONT!! The amount of bull[CENSORED] they make you go through just to get the thing shipped is ridiculous! Keep the English model shops in business i say, i wish i had purchased locally, much easier, and you can drive it the same day!!!! & Not have to wait for some spick to send it when he's ready........