• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

How do you guys clean your RCs?

m4inbrain

I personally don't really have a method, but am looking for one. Currently i'm just wiping them down, just now ordered a glorified hairdryer to get excess water out of the chassis (one of them computer cleaner things, 550W so should get water out). 

Spray in some general purpose cleaner, rinse with a shower head, blow the water out, GT85 on metal etc?

For me it was always remove electroincs, wash in the shower and then dry with a hair dryer. You can run the risk of getting water if your diffs if they aren't built correctly but i never really found that to be an issue. Once dry just spray all metal items with GT85 however I like the muc off one as it smelt nice. 

Not removing the bearings and and washing will lead to them starting to rust and then seizing up.  For me bearings are a service items anyway and in a basher I was replacing them every 6 months, £15 for a whole set every 6 months isn't a big deal. 

My "race" buggies were always striped down and cleaned when racing out side, in the end in only raced inside so other than a odd bit of fluff they never got dirty. 

• Like 1

Depends which vehicle and where I've run it, my bashers don't get much, really no reason to, they are bashers, bearings get replaced, worn out items get replace, dirt gets rinsed in shower, that's about it.

My crawlers get a bit more attention but not a huge amount, unless you like to look at them on the shelf or plan to sell them, there's no real value in excessive cleaning constantly, in my opinion/history of doing it and not doing it.

A little dirt spot on a plastic arm isn't doing any harm.

Edited by Oh How Original

Felony, and caked in road-dirt. 

I don't excessively clean my RCs, but every now and then especially when going in hibernation, a deep clean will do wonders. 

I'm just too lazy to take it apart and do a proper deep clean. :P