• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arrma Kraton EXB owners

4 hours ago, Callyakn said:

yeah i can see that!! my last rc was the hpi truly flux, have HPI fallen off the face of the earth???

They certainly had there ups and downs of late they really need an update trophy range and a new  savage  but they kinda been left in the past now mind you they have beat going under twice now 😂👍

22 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

They certainly had there ups and downs of late they really need an update trophy range and a new  savage  but they kinda been left in the past now mind you they have beat going under twice now 😂👍

Its a shame!! They were serious contenders back in the day!!! Savage was there trophy product !

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Guns said:

Guys with the 1650kv..... guessing you run 6S?  2x 3s in series?

What fits?

Do the battery mod at the start of this thread and you can use 2x 3s basher hard case gens ace packs 👍

Standard tray is 180 x 55 x 70mm  Do the mod and get 180 x 55 x 80 👍

Theres loads of 3s that fit from cheapo eBay or Hobbyking 👍👍

Forgot to add the 1650 has a 6s limit but the esc is rated to 8s so don’t do a Talbot and blow it up 👍😂😂👍

Edited by mydoddy69

3 hours ago, Tony said:

A lot has been upgraded on the EXB

See this video:

Just watched this:

They havent upgraded the chassis other than going from 6061 to 7075, does anyone see this an issue? The guy in the video did?

Edited by Guns

1 minute ago, Guns said:

Just watched this:

They havent upgraded the chassis other than going from 6061 to 7075, does anyone see this an issue? The guy in the video did?

Kinda wish they had done the same as they did on the v5 chassis and made it slightly wider at the rear but time will tell. 

PULLED THE TRIGGER - bought the EXB with the MAX6 and 1650 motor from wheelspin, EXCITED..

Any thing i need to buy to help? What lock tite?  oils for the diffs?? Send me links to what i need and ill buy them! gonna do the diffs straight away, 

Still need to buy batteries, what connectors do the ESC come with?! 

Ordered servo, flysky Tx and Overlander charger on eBay.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Callyakn said:

PULLED THE TRIGGER - bought the EXB with the MAX6 and 1650 motor from wheelspin, EXCITED..

Any thing i need to buy to help? What lock tite?  oils for the diffs?? Send me links to what i need and ill buy them! gonna do the diffs straight away, 

Still need to buy batteries, what connectors do the ESC come with?! 

Ordered servo, flysky Tx and Overlander charger on eBay.

Nice one fella welcome to the club 

Go with your preferred connector the esc comes without any soldered on 

Diff oil stock is 10k front and rear centre 100k  I added 30k to the front but kept the rear at 10k and stuck with 100k in the centre. Not sure if I’ll stick with this  yet though 👍

Blue lock tight and a set of hex drivers will come in handy 👍

16 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Nice one fella welcome to the club 

Go with your preferred connector the esc comes without any soldered on 

Diff oil stock is 10k front and rear centre 100k  I added 30k to the front but kept the rear at 10k and stuck with 100k in the centre. Not sure if I’ll stick with this  yet though 👍

Blue lock tight and a set of hex drivers will come in handy 👍

Any links for a little set of hex drivers?? 

Ill see what others say about diff oils, i presume get them filled up before driving it...

Just now, Callyakn said:

i presume get them filled up before driving it...

Yep, would be a very good idea. Some reported having nothing in it! So it's worth taking apart to check. You need to do regular maintenance on this anyway (check once every 20 runs according to the manual)

• Like 1