• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

grease for use with Dot fluid

mond

Figured someone where might know. I'm doing a rebuild of some hydraulic brakes on a bike and while I can lubricate some of the o rings inside the caliper with dot fluid it does recommend  dot fluid compatible grease. It just doesn't say what that is other than SRAM branded stuff. Figured I may already have the right stuff but not sure what that actually is. Any ideas?

i've always just used red rubber grease when doing anything using DOT fluid mond, 

never had an issue so far and i'm 52 now lol,

besides, the amount of grease you use is only in very small amounts on seals/o'rings etc,

not sure what brand name the stuff i use is, its just a big tin with red rubber grease on the label,

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, spents said:

i've always just used red rubber grease when doing anything using DOT fluid mond, 

never had an issue so far and i'm 52 now lol,

besides, the amount of grease you use is only in very small amounts on seals/o'rings etc,

not sure what brand name the stuff i use is, its just a big tin with red rubber grease on the label,

Thanks and yes, I need such a smaller amount, probably less than a 1ml in total as it only goes onto two very small O rings. I'll see if i can find a tiny sachet.