• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Adventure's of Ting Ting's Rustler

1 hour ago, Tingting44 said:

oh my had a few drinks last night, ended up ordering £170 worth of more upgrades :(  i will be :) when they turn up tho lol

What upgrades did you order, I spend a lot on upgrades on mine, but thats because I bought mine second hand and I was a peace of junk and I had to replace most of th e parts anyway,   mine upgrades are alloy motor mount, alloy shock caps, xo-01 driveshafts, xo-01 rear alloy hub carrier, xo-01 alloy front knuckles and chubs, hobbywing max 10sct esc, and castle motor and the wheels and tires, rpm wheely bar mount and ohter wheely bar the stock one was flimsy.

i ordered chassis brace, alu green steering blocks for front and rear, blue alu hex hubs, loads of little ****, still need to make another big order for tyres/driveshafts, my green gtr shocks im stilll waiting for :(

ohh u got some nice juicy uogrades there mate! :)

Shame on me. Haven't done many upgrades to mine.

Just new wheels, hex wheel hubs, shocks (very dissatisfied) and some socks on the shocks.

And Tekno CVDs from the previous owner that gave me headaches getting hex wheel hubs.

But I am following your upgrades closely. 👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jens said:

Shame on me. Haven't done many upgrades to mine.

Just new wheels, hex wheel hubs, shocks (very dissatisfied) and some socks on the shocks.

And Tekno CVDs from the previous owner that gave me headaches getting hex wheel hubs.

But I am following your upgrades closely. 👍

it does take time and a lot of money :(

some nice upgrades tho! i love tekno

mate what shocks did you get and how come your unhappy?

Just now, Tingting44 said:

it does take time and a lot of money :(

some nice upgrades tho! i love tekno

mate what shocks did you get and how come your unhappy?

I went twice through the stock shocks.

They ended up braking.

Probably because they are plastic.

But they are very good when driving.

It was hard to get anything suitable and I ended up buying some cheap Chinese ones.

Filled oil in it and went for a run. And all the oil leaked.

For now I am running without oil until I find better ones.

sounds a nightmare! 3 out of 4 of my stock shock pins were bent, didnt notice till i took apart, i got these on there way, hoping they come today so i can look at them

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/traxxas-shocks-gtr-long-greenanodized-ptfecoated-bodies-with-tin/rc-car-products/439215

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tingting44 said:

sounds a nightmare! 3 out of 4 of my stock shock pins were bent, didnt notice till i took apart, i got these on there way, hoping they come today so i can look at them

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/traxxas-shocks-gtr-long-greenanodized-ptfecoated-bodies-with-tin/rc-car-products/439215

Had a closer look at them.

That's probably the ones I want!

(Not the Ultra-Shocks or pro level shocks)

Will probably get the hard anodized ones.

2 questions about them to you.

They have a bladder inside like the stock ones?

Will the stock progressive springs fit?

few more bits turned up, all the springs have arrived for my sexy GTR shocks, some bearing, washers, little bits..... but still nice to getting closer to a finished build (such a shame the hex's do not come in green... o.O

dad6577c-a83e-4408-bb3b-b19608daeb8a.jpg

9846d670-37e4-42a6-815d-fdc74d2ad3f1.jpg

Edited by Tingting44

9 hours ago, Tingting44 said:

for the life of my i cant find any where the sizes of the shocks lol, im pretty sure the longer shocks go at the back and the shorter ones at the front, just so odd the exploded views nor the manual actually say...

Can I ask you a question?

How long are rear GTR shocks from hole to hole?