• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya Scania R620 6x4 Highline

Been into RC for more years than I care to remember (and admit!) and built most things, cars, crawlers, planes, helis and drones but never a truck

Like many 2020 has been tough what with furlough, money, work and not seeing friends and family but building gives me a tiny release so decided to try a truck

50412363048_1ef62c2c1d_c.jpg

50413059206_9caface67f_c.jpg

Doing a lot of reading and research before I do the build, motors, radio gear, sound modules etc and looking forward to starting

Easy part is I know what I'd like the finished article to be !!! 

Any advice or pointers very welcomed :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Bearings from the start mate as with any Tamiya. its very similar build wise to the hi-lift chassis, only bit to keep a eye on is the gearbox build, ive made small mistakes that can cause a massive problem.

oh and make sure the rear axles are the correct way round, ive also had the wheels going toward each other that makes the back end hop lol.

you know where I am though mate :good:

• Thanks 1

On 08/10/2020 at 08:28, Gaz! said:

Bearings from the start mate as with any Tamiya. its very similar build wise to the hi-lift chassis, only bit to keep a eye on is the gearbox build, ive made small mistakes that can cause a massive problem.

oh and make sure the rear axles are the correct way round, ive also had the wheels going toward each other that makes the back end hop lol.

you know where I am though mate :good:

Thanks pal! :thumbsup:

Bearings are on the way. I enjoyed my hi-lift build but dropped a right clanger doing the gearbox, didn't notice it until nearly finished so lesson learned :lol:

What tx have you used on your trucks? How many channels really? Pretty sure I'm going for a light/sound unit too 

Thanks for the offer of help pal :thumbsup:

The more channels the better. I run 6 as a minimum, 3 are taken up by driving controls, throttle, steering and gears. Depending on what sound and light you go for dictates the rest. Flysky 10 Channel is popular at my local club but its down to you personal preference on radio gear. 

• Thanks 1

I have my Volvo with mfu01 running off my Spektrum dx5r, took some setting up though.....

otherwise in the past I’ve used the Spektrum dx6i (brilliant for the money) and one of those planet t5 set-ups, both will work well though although I’m sure the one @spannamonkey recommended should do the trick.

if using a Tamiya mfu, it’s a bit of a job to set-up but not impossible either.

your always welcome too mate, you know that :good:

• Thanks 1

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 20:28, spannermonkey said:

The more channels the better. I run 6 as a minimum, 3 are taken up by driving controls, throttle, steering and gears. Depending on what sound and light you go for dictates the rest. Flysky 10 Channel is popular at my local club but its down to you personal preference on radio gear. 

On ‎13‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 13:49, Gaz! said:

I have my Volvo with mfu01 running off my Spektrum dx5r, took some setting up though.....

otherwise in the past I’ve used the Spektrum dx6i (brilliant for the money) and one of those planet t5 set-ups, both will work well though although I’m sure the one @spannamonkey recommended should do the trick.

if using a Tamiya mfu, it’s a bit of a job to set-up but not impossible either.

your always welcome too mate, you know that :good:

Thanks for the replies and advice :thumbsup:

Ive got a Spektrum DX7s from my heli days which sounds as though it'd be ok, if not mate has upgraded his TX and can have his Futaba 8J 🤞

Haven't ordered sound and light yet but will do next day or 2, along with few bits for detailing..... not even started build yet!!! :lol:

I have picked paint up though!! :)