• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

ESC calibration problems

RC Marty

I'm at my wits end again! Spent 2 hours today trying to calibrate my esc and throttle control ad my car was going out of whack. It's no use following instructions as they're wrong. Are there any FTX owners out ther who can talk me through the process, one that actually works?  I've done it before but now I'm putting it down to sheer luck. I can o ly ever manage to get one direction sorted and then when the car is on the ground it shudders and wont drive. My take on calibration is:

Esc on with set button pressed

Then pull full throttle til 1 beep let go

Push to full reverse until 2nd beep let go 

Leave in neutral for 3rd beep

Switch off esc 

I've done this and a ton of variations and it still wont calibrate. All components working fine and the esc is relatively new.  Can anyone help? 

with everything inc transmitter off

set throttle direction on transmitter to reverse

set throttle EPA/ATV to 100%

Turn on Transmitter

Connect a charged battery to the esc (I'd raise the car up on a box just in case)

Hold button on ESC then turn on, keep holding until orange led turns solid then release

Pull throttle trigger to full and hold, the red led will start flashing, red led will turn solid and motor will beep once

Push throttle trigger forward and hold, the red led will start flashing, red led will turn solid and motor will beep twice

Release throttle trigger to neutral, both the red and orange led's will blink and then turn solid, motor will beep 3 times

Turn off the ESC

When you switch back on normally you should be good to go.

This is taken from the Carnage/Bugsta/Vantage manual for the stock ESC, receiver, transmitter

HTH

Edited by MrPeaski