• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Maverick Quantum Flux MT XT & XT Plus *page 9

tomr

On 27/02/2021 at 12:24, Loboo said:

Great video! Had a same issue with rear wing, just finished a home made prototype 🙂

ABE88D35-3C92-473B-8200-726AD9C9136B.jpeg

@Loboo Is there a chance you can share with us your .stl file? I just broke my wing 😉 I'm planning to make some tests using different filaments. I'll donate this knowledge to you later.

Edited by paul_111

8 hours ago, paul_111 said:

@Loboo Is there a chance you can share with us your .stl file? I just broke my wing 😉 I'm planning to make some tests using different filaments. I'll donate this knowledge to you later.

Hi Paul,

sorry had a busy days and missed your PM. Here you go!

My observations so far.:

Arms printed in PLA. Infill about 70 - 80 percent. Need some drilling to make to fit screws and main body joint. If proper size of drill used than all fits perfectly. I printed two of them to have a same on both sides. They handle just great. Had some bad landings and run few batteries on them. The only crack happen when I hit a bike stand at high speed with one of the wheel... but two hours later I had a new one fitted in.  On the other hand, its better to crack cheap printed part, than body, axle, or anything else. Am about to do few more improvements like triangle holes to make it look more cool :).

Wing. Printed in PETG infill 20 percent. Tough to print, can be done without support, but indeed the quality is not perfect then.  Its better to use supports, but indeed takes longer to print and need some additional work to remove them. Also two half's need to be glued together. Anyway, looks great on the car, however its really brittle... Broken on first tumble, need to do more tests with infill to make it more riggid.

Anyway will be happy for any improvements you can make 😉

Enjoy

Wing.stl Front-A-arms.stl

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Loboo said:

Wing. Printed in PETG infill 20 percent...  however its really brittle... Broken on first tumble, need to do more tests with infill to make it more riggid.

Thanks for sharing those stl files.... although they are currently showing up as unavailable. If they become available I'm sure they will come in useful for plenty of folks.

It would be interesting to see how the wing would do if printed in ASA. Would certainly be more durable, although I get that the filament is more expensive to buy and is harder to print (fumes etc...).  Just out of curiosity, how heavy is your printed wing? I'm wondering how much it would cost (in filament) to print a wing from ASA or one of those fancy carbon-filled materials. Thanks. 

Edited by foxycub
files are not currently available

As most of you probably know (from my previous posts), I am running two Fluxes, one MT and one XT, and had both rear axles fail on the MT whilst running on flat tarmac. It was odd because I haven't had any problems with the rear axles on the XT (doing roughly the same runs).

Anyway, about two weeks ago I sent an email to HPI to complain about the rear axles and they've just sent through some replacement parts (which I received in my postbox this morning).  Great customer service!!!!!  Well done HPI!!!!

• Like 1

Took the MT Flux out for a bash today. Went through the first 2 packs with no issues then broke a rear turnbuckle rod end 10 minutes into the 3rd lipo.

20210304_134221.thumb.jpg.23bee9621972d3c84cbf8e996046b4ea.jpg

20210304_134234.thumb.jpg.53d0a69f202412f63747d0346214fc58.jpg

D'oh!

Time to give it a clean now anyway

20210304_140841.thumb.jpg.afdba205548ff89a51c6f13e4a4d5424.jpg

• Like 2

On 05/03/2021 at 08:51, tomr said:

Scx10ii body 👍

That new body is looking great!

Maybe this is a stupid question, but are the mounts for new shells, wings etc... universal or do you have to modify them to fit onto different models? When I lost the pin from one of my wheel hexes I bought some replacement Tamiya hexes only to then discover that the pins on the stock hexes have a different diameter.

7 minutes ago, foxycub said:

That new body is looking great!

Maybe this is a stupid question, but are the mounts for new shells, wings etc... universal or do you have to modify them to fit onto different models? When I lost the pin from one of my wheel hexes I bought some replacement Tamiya hexes only to then discover that the pins on the stock hexes have a different diameter.

Yeah If you’re not using a stock body or wing you’ll have to drill your own holes .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tomr said:

Broke one of the “upgraded” arms now 💪

Similar break to the original arm .

Interesting that both of your arms broke in a similar way. Same here, but in my case both arms split on the opposite side to you... i.e. on the chassis side of the hinge pin rather than the wheel side). Still haven't managed to break the HD arms from Metsafil... but I haven't really 'tested' them properly yet with some rough driving.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, foxycub said:

Interesting that both of your arms broke in a similar way. Same here, but in my case both arms split on the opposite side to you... i.e. on the chassis side of the hinge pin rather than the wheel side). Still haven't managed to break the HD arms from Metsafil... but I haven't really 'tested' them properly yet with some rough driving.

They’re a definite weak spot and a bit of a let down seeing as I’m not bashing the thing particularly hard! 
I may upgrade them but not sure I want to keep putting money into it tbh, plus the  Metsafil arms might transfer the breakages to the bulkheads .

I have 2 spare arms left, if they break as well I’ll probably just fix it and get it sold 👍

Edited by tomr
  • Like 1

Hi from Australia, made an account just to reply to this thread and say cheers for the all the info. 

I've got two quantum flux XTs. I'm enjoy them but like many here I'm plagued with the poor arm issue. On my 6th set now, still yet to get my hands on the new version from maverick. May try the metafil ones but with shipping to me I could another 6 sets of standards for the price. Would definitely be keen to try and 3d print the ones posted above but the STL link doesn't seem to work. 

FYI the Pandora MX5 shell fits quite nicely with the stock post position if you don't mind some questionable pin rubbing. 

• Like 3

Took my flux Mt out for a little blast. Just in the back garden of my flats. Took my little ramp.  20 minutes of it flying around.   Pulling wheelies. Then it goes nuts.  Only rear wheel.  Yay. 

Back upstairs.  Car on table. Blink 182 on.  Check car over.  Center drive shaft Cup had dropped its grub.  New one in. Car is sorted.  Ready for next time. Its nice when its a simple job to fix it 

I made a couple of bits so my ramp is 2x wide now. Much better 

IMG_20210308_125652.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, James RC said:

@fuegan13 Looks really good with the MX5 shell mate 👍 now all you need to do is paint the wheels black 😉

Thank you, I originally planned to make a replica of my real MX-5 for my RS4 Sport 3 chassis, but lost interest. 

My last outing was a bit of a disaster, so ill be ordering new black wheels to complete the look (along with a heap of other spare parts). 

Is anyone else struggling to keep the pinion gear grub screw in on 3S? My current annoyance is the grub screw will back out, the pinion will move and strip half of the spur gear. I'm at a loss of how to fix since I'm already using loctite on the thread and then doing the nail polish trick over the top of a firmly tightened screw. 

On 3.03.2021 at 23:35, Loboo said:

Cześć Paweł,

przepraszam, że miałem pracowite dni i przegapiłem twój premier. Proszę bardzo!

Moje dotychczasowe obserwacje .:

Ramiona drukowane z PLA. Wypełnij około 70 - 80 proc. Potrzebujesz wiercenia, aby dopasować śruby i złącze głównego korpusu. Jeśli użyjesz odpowiedniego rozmiaru wiertła, wszystko pasuje idealnie. Wydrukowałem dwa z nich, aby mieć takie same po obu stronach. Po prostu świetnie sobie radzą. Miałem kilka złych lądowań i uruchomiłem na nich kilka baterii. Jedyne pęknięcie zdarza się, gdy z dużą prędkością uderzam jednym z kół w stojak rowerowy ... ale dwie godziny później zamontowałem nowy. Z drugiej strony, lepiej jest pęknąć tanią drukowaną część niż korpus, oś , albo coś innego. Zaraz zrobię kilka dodatkowych ulepszeń, takich jak otwory w trójkącie, aby wyglądało fajniej :).

Skrzydło. Wydrukowano w wypełnieniu PETG 20 proc. Trudne do wydrukowania, można to zrobić bez wsparcia, ale rzeczywiście jakość nie jest wtedy idealna. Lepiej jest używać podpór, ale faktycznie drukowanie trwa dłużej i wymaga dodatkowej pracy, aby je usunąć. Trzeba też skleić dwie połówki. W każdym razie świetnie wygląda na samochodzie, ale jest naprawdę kruchy ... Uszkodzony przy pierwszym upadku, trzeba wykonać więcej testów z wypełnieniem, aby był bardziej sztywny.

W każdym razie będzie zadowolony z wszelkich ulepszeń, które możesz wprowadzić  😉

Cieszyć się

Wing.stlNiedostępne Przednie A-arms.stlNiedostępne

The files are not available, could you share the stl again, I would try to print a wing made of flexible material, e.g. TPU

hello guys

Loboo was very kind and share his stl files for 3d prints but there is some issue with links so I got them direct from him and I hope this way you can download them without issues.

I also include Fusion 360 project file for A-Arm in case someone wants to make some improvements.

wing.stl

A-Arm.stl

Arms.f3d

----

Edit: as I can see, there's the same download issue as before at Loboo post. I've notified the forum about it. Perhaps they'll fix it soon. For now just use my direct link: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/99lb6yo4vm7ghmb/Archive.zip?dl=1

Edited by paul_111
dead links
  • Like 3